vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package when will it happen ????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package when will it happen ????

Hi all
    i would love to no when the vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package will be released or if its going to happen
    i would love to get the vci 400 EGE but dew to the extras tax, shipping, it goes up 30% plus i have to buy traktor pro 2.
    99 dollars that is perfect for the upgrade i just want to make sure its definitely going to come out ?????????????

flashflooder posted this a few days ago in the vci400 EGE mapping thread

" There was some confusion between Vestax and us regarding a key fact in ability to flash firmware on the device. It still may very well happen but the process would likely be more complex and require having to take the controller apart. This by no means a concrete answer but my feelings on the current situation."
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Wait...does that mean there won't be any firmware related updates to the VCI-400 EGE at all?
    VCI-400 EGE / Sennheiser HD-25-1 II / MF3D / iPad 2 running Lemur / Audio 6 DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Wait...does that mean there won't be any firmware related updates to the VCI-400 EGE at all?
    havent thought of that.. i hope someone brings some light to this..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Convert

weltraumpapst
    you are a star every time i needed help on a sudject you have help out you should be working for dj tech tool
    thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbox View Post
    weltraumpapst
    you are a star every time i needed help on a sudject you have help out you should be working for dj tech tool
    thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!
    hehe. no problem..
    soundcloud
    facebook

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    flashflooder posted this a few days ago in the vci400 EGE mapping thread
    " There was some confusion between Vestax and us regarding a key fact in ability to flash firmware on the device. It still may very well happen but the process would likely be more complex and require having to take the controller apart. This by no means a concrete answer but my feelings on the current situation."
    Seems strange that you are able to update the standard VCI via USB but not the EGE one. Surely they're they exact same hardware wise inside, just with the different firmware for the extra EGE functions?

k

Tech Convert

I'd also be really interested in knowing one way or the other whether this is going to happen as it will very likely affect which controller I choose to buy. As per tbox, importing the EGE whole is not economical, however if I know that the EGE firmware upgrade kit previously mentioned by Ean will definitely be released, then I'll go for the VCI-400.

Anyone know of an official update from Ean at all? It sounded like it was definitely going to happen a few months back.

Tech Convert

ok it looks like i am going for the s4 at least i will have good mapping form djtt i would of love to have the vci 400 but it looks like it work out to be too much money for me this way i can get the krk 6 and the s4 for the same price that it would cost of the vci 400EGE thank you guys for the support
    Last edited by tbox; 05-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Tech Student

I'm really looking forward for an upgrade kit. I was hesitating between a S4 and a VCI-400, I couldn't wait for the VCI-400 EGE and because I live in France, shipping costs and customs will have raised the price tag too high for me.
    So I bought a regular VCI-400, hoping for an upgrade kit, à la VCI-100. It's really a great piece of hardware, I'm happy with it. But there's just so many things I could do with an upgraded firmware... The demo videos of EGE units makes me look at my gear as a castrated controller !
    I would really appreciate if Ean Golden made a clear statement about the upgrade kit. Because I believe that the only difference (except the look) between a regular unit and an EGE is the software/firmware, because I think that the hardware is exactly the same inside, and because Vestax provide a firmware upgrade utility with the drivers (at least on Windows, don't know for Macs)... Well, that's a lot of "I think" and "I believe", so yes, a clear statement would be really appreciated to sort things out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast