Technics. What colour?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Technics. What colour?

I've got 2 1210's that need painting up. I'll probably sell them soon after they'e done.

What colour are people more likely to buy? I'm pretty sure I'll be painting the platter, face plate and tone arm all the same colour.

White was cool a while back, and I've considered doing them in camouflage with matt paint and matt lacquer.

What would people buy?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Banned

glow in the dark homie

I prefer stock colors or the 'not in your face' kind of restauration....

So I would not paint the tone arm and stay with grey-ish and black (both go well with the rest of the gear). I know...I'm boring ;p
    Good luck with the paint job & the sale.
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Tech Mentor

I wouldn't paint the tone arm either. I think that a dark matte grey would look cool, clean and stylish like.

Banned

Just typical black would be my preference or grey like mentioned. Anything else would be silly for me.

Thanks for the responses.

See, me, I'm old school. Silver for 1200's, dark grey for 1210's. But if the case has chips and scratches, I'd rather make it an obvious re-spray, rather than trying to match the old colour...

I understand that some of you younger cats would HATE the camo idea - that's why I'm putting the feelers out. I know some of you electro fans (the new electro - not REAL electro (Herbie Hancock, Hashim, Tyrone Bronsun, etc..)) would go for some flouro type colours. What combination, though? and what do people think about colour matched platters?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

I just think camo would be ugly. Only way it would be kind of cool is if you did a greyscale fine digi-camo pattern, and that would look bad unless you are really good at painting and I wouldn't want techs like that.

I would stick to black, white, silver, and in between. You can do a gloss black or a gun metal grey instead of the usual matte black.

I've always been partial to the ambiguous dark grey or carbon grey. Not too dark but not too light. Black is right out. The color shal be grey and grey shall be the color...
    Kudos if you get the python reference.

Tech Guru

I agree with Xone. Black, white, and tints or shades of each.

I am actually painting the tonearm section cobalt blue on my M3D/dicer ones on the advice of the painter. I don't think I am going to like it. Luckily he promised to strip and respray if I found it horrendous.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

I like the idea of gunmetal grey. I'd like it even more in a matt finish w/matt lacquer...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast