which are the best speakers for me + what cables will i need ( for my setup )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default which are the best speakers for me + what cables will i need ( for my setup )

hey, i am currently trying to decide between these two different speakers,

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1100...nitor-spe.html

http://www.andertons.co.uk/active-mo...GoogleShopping

i dont need it to be very loud at all just clear and accurate sound representation to use to practise djing , i like the look of the hercules more but ive seen a lot of people recommend the m audio , also i will be getting my new controller soon ( reloop terminal mix 4 ) and wondered what cables i need to hook it up to either of these speakers, my 5.1 home cinema system downstairs, and giant ass speakers i can rent or happen to be in the place im playing and also what i would need if i was playing in a place where a mixer isnt avalible to plug through, i want to know i have the correct cables no matter what situation in basically!

Tech Wizard

bump

If those are your only options, I'd get the M Audio solely based on having a generally positive impression of Avid (who own's M Audio) and not thinking there's much of a difference between speakers at that level.

You'll need a pair of 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS cables in whatever length you feel like using.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    If those are your only options, I'd get the M Audio solely based on having a generally positive impression of Avid (who own's M Audio) and not thinking there's much of a difference between speakers at that level.

You'll need a pair of 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS cables in whatever length you feel like using.
    well this is what i thought, at this level (lets say £150 maximum for a pair) there surely all goin to be around the same level of quality, so longevity and design come into play a bit more than normal, the hercules look like baby adopted rokits which is cool but m audio ones look kinda poo next to them,however is there better than these two for my budget?

What does a pair of RP5s cost in UK? If it's straight USD -> GBP, it should be around 150 quid. IDK how much more they charge over there or how much VAT plays into it, though.

There are definitely better/flatter monitors available than KRKs, but I like my RP5s for DJing.

Well that budget really doesn't buy you a whole lot. Personally I think those M-Audios are junk even for DJing (I know someone who has them), but you really won't find much within that budget. You might be able to find some used KRK rokkit 5s or 6s on craigslist or something.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    What does a pair of RP5s cost in UK? If it's straight USD -> GBP, it should be around 150 quid. IDK how much more they charge over there or how much VAT plays into it, though.

There are definitely better/flatter monitors available than KRKs, but I like my RP5s for DJing.
    £250 new no used anywhere close to me , id have them even if they were 180-200 but cnt rly afford much more lol

I see audioengine a2s for 150quid. They're not bass heavy, but they're decent speakers.

Seriously, though, at that point, I'd probably buy the cheapest computer speakers I could find and work on saving up a bit.

In that price range I'd go lower too, though maybe not the cheapest computer speakers you can find. Look for used Roland/Edirol/Cakewalk MA-series monitors; I got a pair of MA-8s for $70 years ago and they are still solid performers though they're not very loud. I think you can get brand new MA-15s for like $150; those should be better than the MA-8s that I have.

I have used M-Audio Bx5s or whatever that is; they are decent but those are already double the price range you're at.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

My first "monitors" were little Roland things that nem0nic gave me one weekend. I passed them on to another new DJ at some point. But they definitely got the job done.

Wish I had a clue what the model numbers were.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast