RANT: EDM & Drugs stereotype - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    I thought that being singled out was against the constitution. That every man was created equal.
    That's actually not in the constitution; it's in the Declaration of independence, which is not binding law. Nevertheless, the 14th amendment has been interpreted to require equality in the way that justice is dispensed, so you're still correct that this kind of thing ought to be unconstitutional.
    But also on the other hand, if we had accurate numbers about this drug use, I think we could conclude the stereotype is true. I mean who does drugs in their own home at noon ? It's done at night in a club or at a rave of course.
    Addicts do drugs in their own home at noon; in my opinion that's where the real social problem may be, not in kids smoking weed or taking pills for kicks when they party. And it's hardly unique to clubs and raves. There's a million social gatherings that are rife with drug use and sales; why single out clubs or raves?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Squilz
    I think it may be the testing company rather than the school.
    I think this is an important point - the testing companies lobby schools to buy their services; they have a profit motive to pressure schools to do this whether or not its useful or effective at reducing drug use.
    Very few places, if any, outside of America do this, yet drug use among American youths is higher than pretty much every developed country in the world. For example, Portugal decriminalized ALL drugs, meaning you can shoot heroin, smoke weed, snort coke, whatever on city streets and as long as you aren't be disruptive to others police won't do anything. Since they enacted this law towards drugs a few years ago, drug use among adolescents, teenagers, and adults all dropped. If this would work in america I don't know.
    I don't think legalization would have any significant impact one way or another on the amount of drug use. Maybe some small increases in people trying weed for the first time but overall drug use (and even weed use over a longer period)? No damn way. Prohibition has done nothing to curb availability of any drug. If you're willing to take certain risks, you can wander into practically any city in the country without a map and find pretty much any drug you want (from the mundane to the exotic) inside of 12 hours. That's with it being totally illegal and with no advertising telling you anything but NOT to do it. I fail to see how prohibition has kept drugs out of people's hands in the US.

And you're right, this mandatory drug testing thing is uniquely American and yet we do most of the drugs in the world here. And then we go bitching to Colombia or Bolivia to quit growing the stuff. If we quit doing it, they'd quit growing it; it's simple economics.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Either way, we will do what we want. Im glad my school didn't do that, but i might be glad when I have kids or something who knows. I think testing kids like that will lead to use of drugs that dont show up on drug tests or can get out of your system fast. Or even worse, push kids to smoke that fake weed that is frying everyones brain.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Banned

yeah fuck the police,

the best raves are the underground raves anyways, all these huge events can't compare.
    Last edited by ExTrCt.; 05-24-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123