Traktor on Windows 7, insights?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor on Windows 7, insights?

I am downloading windows 7 for testing purposes. I was wondering what kind of drivers will I need to use in order to get everything going (Video, sound interface, network... everything), including Traktor of course. Will I need to use the Vista drivers or specific Win7 drivers?
    Is anybody acutaully using Windows 7 that could let me know his or her insights, regarding installation, drivers, issues... etc
    And let me know if you were able to get Traktor and a controller going , and what are your thoughts about this.

Thanks in advance!

vista versions of drivers and programs have worked for me.. havent tried traktor or ableton yet.. not sure of any win 7 specific drivers at this stage.

Still waiting for more positive(read stable and founded) feedback regarding Windows 7 and Ableton.

Might do a switch if I hear more.
    (Also, I am saving for a McUnibody, so that will also be really different. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Got traktor pro running on windows 7 (32-bit) here. Runs very stable as far as I have experienced. Windows 7 downloads most of the drivers automatically for the hardware of your pc/laptop. I did have to download drivers for my internal soundcard, but that's of no importance for traktor because I use the soundcard inside my vci-300. I use Asio4all for that, which functions just normal on Windows 7.

So far no difficulties experienced with windows 7. It's way better than vista in my opinion, which was a piece of crap Oh and ableton live 7 works on my Windows 7 too Tekki. (Got Bento's smartmixer working on it, don't know if all the other functions work too, I'm not into producing...)
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Thanks tomato, that's what I heared too!

But I would really like to see how everything else runs under W7.
    Vista is stable and cool here sofar, so for me no need still to change to W7.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Ok! I am actually posting this from the Windows 7 beta version I just installed. My first thoughts were very positive as it did installed almost every driver withouht the need of the disc. It installed the Wifi, bluetooth and default sound device on its own, which Xp would not do. Later I downloaded the Ati vista drivers and they installed perfectly. By the way I installed the X64 version. Later I downloaded the Vista64 drivers for my M-audio interface and found some trouble getting going untill selected the Vista64 compatibility mode. And it got installed.

Later I proceed to Install Traktor 3 which runs good untill now and no problems either with the Vci-100. I have not Dj yet because I am just finishing intalling everything. Ableton7 is running also.

The booting up takes a bit longer than Xp and untill now it looks very similar as vista. But a bit faster .

I will give more insights regarding Djing when I actually do it
    Last edited by alien2k; 05-24-2009 at 07:36 PM.

i have windows 7 ultimate (Build 7100)installed about 2 weeks and its been great. More than great, easy installation, i have windows 7 on full performance as supposed to a stripped down xp i had b4 that. And the cpu bar barely looks even visable!! I have a 3gb ra, core 2 duo 2hz Processor acer. And when i had vista when i first bought my laptop the cpu bar would be all over the place!! Can't recommend the switch enough. Only funny thing happening at the moment is my itunes stops working when i open up first time, have to open up twice to get working, could be windows 7 or not, i haven't found out yet.

the OS itself is rock solid, it just depends on driver support at this stage.
    We are running the RC1 of Windows 7 for our media center pc here and it kicks arse on 2005 hardware.
    As long as i know traktor + Audio Kontrol 1 drivers work in windows 7 i'll be switching to it when it is released.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Wizard

I've been running W7 beta since January on my gig machine with TPro and Ableton, and it's been performing flawlessly, far better than Vista. This is a completely unoptimized installation, vs. a stripped down Vista (no unneeded services/programs running), and still it performs way better. For the last month I've been doing a 5 hour set every night with no issues whatsoever.

I couldn't get Traktor to work for more than half an hour under Vista with my Zero 8 before it crapped out on me, so I'm a happy bunny with it

Fus

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Sweet Im going to buy a new HDD (only got 40 gig for my OS partition ) and make the leap from Vista.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast