Best way to cut vocals over a track without traktor?

Default Best way to cut vocals over a track without traktor?

alright, maybe i can use traktor, but as of now i'm looking for a different solution. i'm working on a breakbeat in logic, and i want to eventually cut some vocals over the finished instrumental. so i tried this in traktor, taking what i have of the instrumental and throwing it in deck a, and the vocal track in deck b. but the quality was noticeably diminished from when i just recorded it out of logic. this is my first idea (bear with me, it's ghetto):

have the track playing in logic, while cutting the vox in tpro and recording that out, then throw that recording in as an extra track in logic, and record it all together out of there. :P

i'm hoping there's a simpler way. does it sound worse when recorded out of tpro because i haven't eq'd it? i thought if the recording was eq'd in logic already, it wouldn't need more once throwing it on a deck in traktor, am i wrong? idea 2:

cut the samples of the vocal track, and then manually put them in where i want them as a new track in logic. i really just see that as detracting from the musicality of it. not to mention it would be a royal PITA.

are there ways to make the recording quality better in tpro? any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Well, I think routing your set through Ableton would be one of the better solutions.

Have Ableton kick out your DJ set on 2 or 4 channels, (depending on how many decks in Traktor your using) and add an extra channel with vocal loops.

1. You are able to make proper settings to your vocal track and your mix
    2. You are able to record and make it sound better than the standard Tpro recording.
    (Maybe it's my Tpro settings, but I find the standard recording in Tpro to be not that well.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i started off this post asking how to record audio to a file out of ableton, as i have the tendency to learn controls as i need to rather than "RTFM", but after a quick google search i found my answer

i think i will use ableton, as it offers a better interface for getting the right sound. have you or anyone successfully mapped the vci-100 specifically to ableton midi controls? or is it even possible? may be a dumb question but i searched and found no appropriate results. i've tried in midi map mode, and i see that ableton is seeing the midi value from the vci, and selected the control i want to modify, but no value is stored.

anyhow, my main problem is solved for now, thanks for the input.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Mentor

if you want to scratch vocals into logic you might want to try decadance, its a VST so you will need a vst wrapper but thats the only other thing I can think of right now.