I'm maybe posting in the wrong part of the forum...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I'm maybe posting in the wrong part of the forum...

but the other day I finally found the recording button in traktor, and tried to record myself for about 20 minutes. It's probably not what most people listen to here, but if you have the time it would be <3<3<3 with some constructive criticism. And yes I totally fucked up the last transition.

Just FYI there is a mixes and production subforum at the bottom of the main forum page. Also, it can be difficult to get people to give mixes a listen as they are usually digging for tunes, making mixes, etc.
    That being said, I'll see if I can find some time in the next few days.

It is usually common courtesy to put a track listing when you do repost to the mixes and production forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rdale View Post
    It is usually common courtesy to put a track listing when you do repost to the mixes and production forum.
    I'm sorry, but I disagree. I'm not sure where or when attaching a track listing became "en vogue". It might get your mix listened to more if you post one and it might not but "when I come from" if I posted a track list then I'd be letting you "trainspot" my tracks. I spend a lot of time culling my tracks and cultivating my sound, why the Fu(k should I just give you the names of the tracks I spent so much time to find? Not hatin', just sayin'.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Banned

Yeah i totally agree. People need to quit telling people to post a track list, shits annoying and is considered trolling.

Its not required too. We spend the hours on end selecting tracks were not going to hand them over to you.

Either listen or quit bitching about a track list.

...So you guys are saying it's insulting dj to dj if i listen to your mix and hear a song that I really like and want to know the name of? sheesh....

I too spend tons of time digging thru music to find the gems... the stuff I really like... the stuff that I want other people to hear. In the end we are all playing other peoples music for the most part, and I see it as respect to the people that made my mix possible. If someone really likes a track enough to go out and buy it, I've helped support the artist and label that made it possible for me to play the song in the first place. This is a good thing. Feeling ownership over music I didn't write, to the degree of keeping a secret, seems just wrong.
    Seeing a track listing may make it more likely for me to listen, when there is a ton of stuff I've never heard before, not because I want to trainspot, but because this is something more interesting than a top 10 list. Which is the goal of most people posting mixes, is to get some feedback, and spread the joy of their selections. It also makes it easier for me to give feedback, as I will have the track title in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by rdale View Post
    I too spend tons of time digging thru music to find the gems... the stuff I really like... the stuff that I want other people to hear. In the end we are all playing other peoples music for the most part, and I see it as respect to the people that made my mix possible. If someone really likes a track enough to go out and buy it, I've helped support the artist and label that made it possible for me to play the song in the first place. This is a good thing. Feeling ownership over music I didn't write, to the degree of keeping a secret, seems just wrong.
    Seeing a track listing may make it more likely for me to listen, when there is a ton of stuff I've never heard before, not because I want to trainspot, but because this is something more interesting than a top 10 list. Which is the goal of most people posting mixes, is to get some feedback, and spread the joy of their selections. It also makes it easier for me to give feedback, as I will have the track title in front of me.
    this is spot on to me. if an artist puts their time and dedication into making an amazing song and you are using it in a mix, the least you can do is credit them, especially if you are making money by playing their songs. if i can help a lesser known artist to make a little money for doing what they love, to allow me to do what i love, and have other people hear it and love it...then we've come full circle and that's a great thing.

i spend an insanely large amount of time finding tunes i like as well. i have to sift through hundreds of meh and even bad tracks sometimes before i find that spine tingling, awesome underground concoction. when i find it, the last thing i want to do is keep it all to myself. i want to tell as many people as i can so they can hopefully support the cause as well. that's exactly the reason i made a choice to become a dj. to spread the word and convert new folks to (hopefully) new sounds.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Banned

Dont agree with the track list.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Just FYI there is a mixes and production subforum at the bottom of the main forum page. Also, it can be difficult to get people to give mixes a listen as they are usually digging for tunes, making mixes, etc.
    That being said, I'll see if I can find some time in the next few days.
    Oh.. I can't find it... where is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast