Untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Slightly OT, but still on topic. Jojo if its too OT I'm sorry. I have a question for all of you apple fans, does it not bother you that apples software can be hacked and cracked so easily? It doesn't take long from a release before its unlocked. Does that not speak to the security of the phone to you?

Disclaimer: I'm not at all opposed to jailbraking, my itouch, and old 3gs were jailbroken the day I got them. I use a BlackBerry now.
    Well they're not really hacking my phone, they're hacking the OS. The hack that's done to my phone is done by me and there's not really a way for someone to do it without them physically having my phone. Plus the jailbreak teams are really just a handfull of guys so that makes me think that it's far from easy or every 15 year old with an Apple developer account would be creating their own jailbreak.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Slightly OT, but still on topic. Jojo if its too OT I'm sorry. I have a question for all of you apple fans, does it not bother you that apples software can be hacked and cracked so easily? It doesn't take long from a release before its unlocked. Does that not speak to the security of the phone to you?
    In all honesty, do you remember any software that could not be hacked or cracked? I don't think there's much of a difference according to platform or OS or anything of that sort.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

There is a difference between "hacking" a device to unlock certain features (ie: a few versions back multitouch gestures for the iPad 1 were disabled just because Apple felt like it) or install things that didn't make it to the app store and hacking it with malicious intentions. Jailbreaking enters the first category.

If anything, I'm glad people are playing the cat and mouse game with apple, making sure they don't rest on the laurels.

I'm just about to update my jailbroken ipad 1 and apple tv 2. Am I right in thinking that I need to use itunes to update from 4.2.1 to 5.1.1 first? Or is there a better way? Reason I ask is because I spent a LONG time configuring my ATV and iPad exactly how I want them... I don't really want to have to go through all that again!!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes use iTunes and make sure you do a backup when you do.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Big Ups for reminding me I need to update, I've been waiting on a clean iOS 5 jailbreak to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12