Creating the ultimate Maschine FX Mapping... Looking for your suggestions! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TreTuna View Post
    those buttons do not send a midi signal out so there's not really a way to modify that.
    If page buttons can't be mapped (which is shit btw) how do you plan to set FX units to go changing with selected deck?

edit:

After second though I realized. Clumsy me..
    Last edited by Stewe; 05-26-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Let me see if I can put it differently. If I set the buttons that are being used to set the focused deck (Restart/</>/Grid) to also turn on all 4 FX for that deck, like I believe you were saying and what I saw in that .tsi, then you couldn't split the FX units up. Think I got a way to implement both though by using one of the modifiers I already have:

For the FX units on/off for this test version I'm doing right now, I've still got the top four left buttons doubling as FX on for the Focused Deck and switching FX unit types. I also used the modifier set at the "Solo" button to switch the Restart/</>/Grid buttons to either only set deck focus, or set deck focus and turn on all FX for the deck.

As for what you're saying about using the middle buttons as modifiers to the top section. There is going to be some of this used, but as for doing it for the FX unit switching, I don't see the point. By having the FX Units 1&2 on page 1 and FX 3&4 on page two, it's only one button to do this anyway and I don't have to use a modifier, which makes the Traktor .tsi a little easier to do. I may use this technique more for loading presets of FX.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Quote Originally Posted by TreTuna View Post
    Let me see if I can put it differently. If I set the buttons that are being used to set the focused deck (Restart/</>/Grid) to also turn on all 4 FX for that deck, like I believe you were saying and what I saw in that .tsi, then you couldn't split the FX units up. Think I got a way to implement both though by using one of the modifiers I already have
    There is no need to split units for IG because it uses all four together. You can set deck focus and unit selector from my mapping to those four buttons and in pages setup A-D you can set deck focus LED output for all pads, so, when you hit one of those pads and LED lite it will directly switch deck focus and unit on selection at those transport buttons. Try it out , in theory it works but can't really test it now with my controller. It's late in europe.

I'll see tomorrow how it goes and where will you come with this ideas. have a good time at your gig tonight!

Not saying I need to separate them for the IG mapping... But there's a lot more to this then just the IG. In fact, I'm not even thinking about that part of the controls right now. I'm trying to get my head around how I want to map this Plooper and the Beatslicer pages. Already changing both up from what I have in those pictures. New ideas for both. But, I also only have another 30 minutes I get to program before I gotta pack up for my gig, so most likely not much else being done today.

Got the Master section, first two pages of knobs controlling all FX units, MF mode A-D in, tried one mapping of the Plooper and the BeatSlicer, didn't like either one, so going to reprogram them. Though, it's time to get ready for my gig now, so no more work until tomorrow!
    Tre Tuna

Default Plooper

Here are some features from what I call it ploop-step mode also from my mappings. Maybe this will get you somewhere.

maschine2.JPG

I'll check that out when I get a chance... Having to put this project a little on hold for the week due to some new bookings I gotta get ready for. So far what's programmed is running pretty nicely though!
    Tre Tuna

Any updates on this mapping?????
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

interesting idea, i'd like to play around with this when you finish the mapping. I've been working on something similar for my own needs, but as i have an X1 for deck A+B control like you, my maschine is solely focused on controlling decks C+D.

One question - what's this plooper / loop synth you're talking about?
    :: psy/OPs ¯ DRUM&BASS ¯ DUBSTEP ♫ _
    :: Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter //
    : ¯

Quote Originally Posted by psyEDk View Post
    One question - what's this plooper / loop synth you're talking about?
    Yeah, what he said.

One comment - I made my own "Instant Grat" on one page then made the next page FX Unit on/off toggles for all 4 decks with LED feedback. This leaves you two free pages to make a wide variety of "Instant Grat" type mappings.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast