So i'm stuck between a Serato and a hardplace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So i'm stuck between a Serato and a hardplace

Off topic : Okay first off i really like the pun i did, if you didn't know it really is i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place

On topic : I went to my local guitar center to see whats the price on good quality technics and i saw the mk5 going for $1000 for one. Then i told the salesman i would rather buy quaillty then quainty. He told me i should just switch to the Stantion T.92 or something for the price was they where like $300, so not bad. he said he didn't feel the difference.

Okay so now here is where i start debating where Turntable to choose.

Then after i read a lot my dad says go with what all the pros use they use the best, because they can afford it. I see djs like dj craze, dj qbert on technics. But my dad djs live david guetta, deadmau5 use cdjs and why? He said if the profesinaols use CDjs then they must be better.

So now i wonder if i should just get a pair of cdj or turntables and if i do choose the turntable route which one should i go for...

I came to ask you guys since all of you are very helpful and probbaly have been through this thought process and your choice. So i came to ask the experts at djtechtools (:

Tech Guru

if you are getting stanton turntables, dont get anything less than the st-150 model. As far as cdjs or turntables, I can't make that decision for you.

How much are you willing to spend
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    How much are you willing to spend
    I mean probbaly $1,000, but trying to look for technics 1200 on ebay and finding a good deal. So not trying to buy those mk5 brand new

you should be able to find a decent set of mk2's on ebay and if they are your first set of decks, then dont be scared to buy sumptin i lil ragged... me and the rest of the guys on here are more than happy to help you sort any lil problems you might find on em... but as for cdjs or tt's... id say i really depend on what style of music your into and want to play and what you like to do... heavy mixin then cdjs but if you wanna have sum platter touching fun (mmmmmm scratchin is fun) then tt's (imo) cant be beat

Okay, so…uhhh……unless you get really lucky, the salesmen at guitar center are no better than trained monkeys. I should know…i used to work at one.

Also, look up the definition of pun. 'cuz that wasn't a pun, and you sure as hell didn't need to explain it.

Third, don't buy new Technics. Buy used. The prices are actually getting back towards reasonable.

Fourth, the ST-150 is supposed to be decent…I still don't buy it.

And last, you probably need to decide whether you want to use CDJs or Serato before you spend any money……and before anyone chimes in, intentionally using CDJs with SSL doesn't make any sense.

You can easily find a pair of Technics for $600 - $1000.

yup you can get a pair of techs in great shape for that price.

Tech Guru

I still think Stanton St-150s are a better option than second hand 1200mk2s.

^^They're a better option than new Technics IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast