CDJ 900 and Traktor HID implementation

Default CDJ 900 and Traktor HID implementation

ok, so I already know that the HID support in Traktor is fairly dismal. I've searched what seems like all corners of the web, but haven't been able to find a list of what is actually supposed to be working so far. There's a ton of hits that come back on how to hook them up, and people showing how general playback works, but I can't find anything that goes beyond that. Just generally people complaining about the poor HID integration.

Any of you guys use these? I've got it consistent scratch control (though not that great), navigation with the knob, and the obvious start and stop. Nothing else seems to work right though. Is this pretty much where everyone else is at with HID?

Ive got some 900's. Is there anything specific you'd like me to test for you? Everything seems to work fine for me on the odd occasion that I've used them with Traktor. Looping, jumping to cue points etc all works for me.
    13" Core I7 MBP | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | 2 X Kontrol X1 | 2 X Pioneer CDJ 900's | Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you fancy some Progressive/Tech house sets please check my MixCloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/jeffrey-clark/

Tech Wizard

I think now that 2.5 is out and NI claimed improved HID support it's best to find out how 'poor' the support still is.

Quote Originally Posted by 00DJC View Post
    Ive got some 900's. Is there anything specific you'd like me to test for you? Everything seems to work fine for me on the odd occasion that I've used them with Traktor. Looping, jumping to cue points etc all works for me.
    I agree, the cdj 850 - 900 & 2000 are very well integrated / mapped in traktor !
    Only advanced HID is still on the wishlist...
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Quote Originally Posted by 00DJC View Post
    Well I guess I'm looking to see if I can control the cue points. The most logical thing to me seems that the 1-4 buttons would/could control them, but they don't. I'm guessing I'm just wrong on that point.

Also, I'm getting erratic behavior from those loop buttons. The fourth one and beat select seem to place cue points, or jump to pre-made ones (4 and 5 respectively)

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Well I guess I'm looking to see if I can control the cue points. The most logical thing to me seems that the 1-4 buttons would/could control them, but they don't. I'm guessing I'm just wrong on that point.
    The 1-4 buttons as in the normal loop section of the CDJ? Im sure these could be remapped to do this but by default these just control the looping. Although they only control Traktors looping. So the 1/3 and 3/4 beat loops do not work. On the CDJ 2000 id bet these do control the cue points though.

By default the CALL button (< and > arrows left of the delete and memory buttons) allow you to flick through cue points. but when going back to a previous point you have to stop the track. I.e. you can flick back one cue point but say you want to flick back two or three, you would always end up going back to the cue point in between if you get me?

You can set multiple points with the CDJ by pressing the loop in button and then the memory button. Pressing a memory button after a loop will set the point to be a type of loop

TBH the default mapping is rather well integrated .There might be an issue with your mapping. might be worth downloading the default CDJ 900 mapping and loading it in again.
    13" Core I7 MBP | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | 2 X Kontrol X1 | 2 X Pioneer CDJ 900's | Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you fancy some Progressive/Tech house sets please check my MixCloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/jeffrey-clark/

meh... sounds like I already have it in there, and it's just not as intuitive for my personal preferences.