Restoring Technics - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I also had another question. If I were to get the powder coated, do you know if I need to put some of that thermal paste under the voltage regulator that's connected to the top of the main circuit board when putting everything back together? Just wondering what I could use to replace it and if you knew about it.

I had this question - I ASSUME you can just use the same type of thermal paste that you'd you'd use on a processor. Somthing like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-X-Therma...ht_2442wt_1037
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Another great point. Thanks for bringing this up. A lot if times, damaged components and burned out lights are a direct result of over voltage due to a faulty regulator or connection of.

After painting you MUST remove the paint under the regulator and use high temp paste. Same as you would under a CPU fan. Silicone based is the best as it allows for contraction and expansion.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Mentor

Could I just wipe off the paste that's there and tape over that spot so it doesn't get painted over?

Tech Guru

Absolutely.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Guru

I was going to send Patch a step-by-step for reassembling a tone arm. If guys like Xone and Nicadraus wouldn't mind, I can post a step-by-step for reassembling a complete 1200.

I just don't want to take away from potential clients for those guys. It's an honor system.

Tech Mentor

I don't think you need to post the complete reassembling of a 1200. It's already up on youtube. It's just that some parts were left out like the whole thermal paste thing.

Tech Guru

Sweet. Easier for me.

The devil's in the detail, lotus! It's the little gems of knowledge that you've dropped (like the spring and bearing info) that I really appreciate.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The devil's in the detail, lotus! It's the little gems of knowledge that you've dropped (like the spring and bearing info) that I really appreciate.
    Yes, all the small stuff is crucial. Thanks for all your help.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast