Restoring Technics - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Well done the installation and calibration

This did not take so much time but i did it and i can say that i am very happy about them, no i am just going to rip out the Dj henray customs wreck tone arms, so sad that i spent my hard earn money , well and i am going to fix them i think i need to buy new arms because the arms that i got from dj henray customs are just wrecked all together. hope you like the pictures there will be pictures of my new arms and then the old one not Dj henray customs wreck, but the one's that i did exchange for the dj henray customs wreck, so i had the old ones laying around so i just ordered new parts and just build them up from scratch , the same way i am going to do with dj henray customs wreck arms.

IMG_0108.jpgIMG_0109 (1).jpgIMG_0110 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cobro View Post
    This did not take so much time but i did it and i can say that i am very happy about them, no i am just going to rip out the Dj henray customs wreck tone arms, so sad that i spent my hard earn money , well and i am going to fix them i think i need to buy new arms because the arms that i got from dj henray customs are just wrecked all together. hope you like the pictures there will be pictures of my new arms and then the old one not Dj henray customs wreck, but the one's that i did exchange for the dj henray customs wreck, so i had the old ones laying around so i just ordered new parts and just build them up from scratch , the same way i am going to do with dj henray customs wreck arms.

IMG_0108.jpgIMG_0109 (1).jpgIMG_0110 (1).jpg
    Hey Cobro, I was thinking of using DJ Henray Customs' services to paint one of my 1200s. What happened with the tone arms? I'm extremely hesitant to completely take mine apart and paint them.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantBastard21 View Post
    Hey Cobro, I was thinking of using DJ Henray Customs' services to paint one of my 1200s. What happened with the tone arms? I'm extremely hesitant to completely take mine apart and paint them.
    they were just in a poor condition all i can say they did not a good job on them anti-skating did not work tone arm lift did not work and also not that good of a paint job on them, the picture was of a Technics silver orginal color but that is not what i got, even the thin red line marker for the hight adjustment was covered with paint.

and the other tonearm was not usable. so i would think hard about if you like take your 1200 over to them.

Tech Mentor

Is it possible to 'fill in' the base material on the 1210s? I've just purchased a set in pretty good condition, really good in fact, except there is a small chip on one of them, looks like platter maybe been dropped on it... I'm wondering if there is a clean/safe way to smooth it out?

@Cobro, damn, man, sorry to hear that. It looks promising on the website and there was referral from a guy at DJ City, though he hadn't had any work done by DJ Henray. Good luck with your current project.

@goodbytes Is the paint just chipped or is there a dent? You might be able to get away with some touch-up automotive spray. I'm in no ways an authority though. As a wise man once said, "Don't quote me, boy, I ain't said (beep)."

A.

Dunno what help Eazy-E would be on restoring Technics - but a good quote is a good quote! ;-)

The coating on Technics is not paint, it's a thick, brittle coating that would need filling and painting to repair. Any type of filler would do it, but matching the paint is damn near impossible (the colour/finish is really hard to match).

If you're ever gonna re-paint them because of this, just be aware that the coating is a BITCH to get off. I got mine shot blasted, but the chap that did it said it was a nightmare to get off. You can just rough the surface up and paint over it, but then you get a build up of layers, and the chamfered edges become more radiused than chamfered.

Honestly, if I was in your situation, I'd just get some dark coloured filler (as close to the colour of the decks as possible) and just use that, without any painting over the top of it. Maybe you could add some black ink or paint to some light filler and mix until you get a good match? Chips are ugly - but mis-matched paint is fugly.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Cobro View Post
    I am in the process of restoring my SL1200 mk2 and i had to buy two new tonearms and all that comes with that
    but i need info on what grease i should get for that , and what should i grease in the , do i have to grease something on the fixing plate ?

and is it enough to use hair clipper oil for the spindle ?

thanks in advance.
    Hi if you are talking about grease on your tonearm height adjustment then only use Comma multipurpose grease
    and for your spindle you can use hair clipper oil.

Default Servicing and repairing anti-skating?

Hi,
    just beginning to overhaul my ancient 1200Mk2 decks, loaned to a friend in 1999 and finally retrieved last week!
    Anti-skate test reveals tonearms that swing to edge of platter, regardless of anti-skate setting.
    Bearings definitely gone in one tonearm, probably the other as well.
    However, I have no way of knowing whether the anti-skate mechanism is actually working nor how to access the spring and service/replace/test it.
    I have searched for video guidance but no luck.
    Can anyone help me out with any suggestions on this, please?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Nibbos

Anyone got any recommendations for the best spray paint to use when repainting technics? Specifically a matte one ideally.

I also had another question. If I were to get the powder coated, do you know if I need to put some of that thermal paste under the voltage regulator that's connected to the top of the main circuit board when putting everything back together? Just wondering what I could use to replace it and if you knew about it.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast