Roll back Traktor to previous version? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    There isn't a roll back button. I don't know how Macs do it, but in PCs there is a NI folder in documents that has the settings and collection, etc. The actual program is not in that folder. The different program versions are in a back up folder in the NI folder under Programs. You just click the previous version and it runs as usual. No need to uninstall 2.5.
    Traktor 2.5 was driving me nuts, too. The fact that the sample decks (or "remix decks") automatically synced each new smaple dragged into them (without the option of disabling that behavior) was a pita.
    Moreover, on my Mac Pro, there were regular audio drop-offs (1/10 sec or so). Often (but not only) when I dragged a new track in the other deck. They were really freezes, cause both decks stopped playing... being live on air while that happens several times an hour => awful!

So here's how you go back on the Mac: Go to Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Backup. You'll find your old Traktor 2.1.2 (R12125).app". Just replace Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Traktor.app with that one and you're good to go

best regards,
    Mike

I opened an older backup version on y Mac, but none of the tracks I imported since that version were in the collection.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

They wont be. That version stopped being updated from the day you stopped using it.

If you wish to use an older build you should import the collection from the last time you used Traktor from the newer build. You should also copy over the stripes / Transients folders and History if you need it.

Run consistency checker and analyse/relocate any tracks that have gone astray in the process.

Thanks Karlos. I will give that a shot

Quote Originally Posted by netmikey View Post
    Traktor 2.5 was driving me nuts, too. The fact that the sample decks (or "remix decks") automatically synced each new smaple dragged into them (without the option of disabling that behavior) was a pita.
    Moreover, on my Mac Pro, there were regular audio drop-offs (1/10 sec or so). Often (but not only) when I dragged a new track in the other deck. They were really freezes, cause both decks stopped playing... being live on air while that happens several times an hour => awful!

So here's how you go back on the Mac: Go to Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Backup. You'll find your old Traktor 2.1.2 (R12125).app". Just replace Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Traktor.app with that one and you're good to go

best regards,
    Mike

I have the exact opposite problem. Since 2.5 I cannot get my sample decks to sink to either of my tracks decks. Can anyone shed a little bit of light on this?
    Sorry I know it's off topic.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Mentor

make sure sync button is on for the deck and it should be sync'd. mine does it no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12