S4 Glitched at a terrible time. (Double post from MF3D boards)
    Tech Wizard

Default S4 Glitched at a terrible time. (Double post from MF3D boards)

(Double post from MF3D boards)

A little ground info before i get into what happened: I DJ with traktor 2.5, 13" MBP 4GB ram, my external HDD hooked directly into my MBP, and a 4 port powered USB hub that connects my S4 and MF3D to my MBP...i've always worried about the USB to my MBP but it always plays nicely in my room together and I've never had any problems besides a message when i intially load traktor that says "Something was drawing to much power and had to shut down" so i reset my hub and everything goes fine............except.......

Soooo this past weekend I was DJing for about 180 drunk sorority girls and guys when my crossfader stopped working, even if it was all the way right with channels B and D assigned in traktor you could hear anything played on track A and C, unless it was played with zero volume....and at the same time channel A started skipping every other second of every track....

So I thought, well this sucks...but lets keep it going...so I started using decks C and D to mix, no problem. works for about an hour and a half, and then traktor freezes. music stops. everything goes silent. AHHHHH. quickly load iTunes and play a mix, while i loaded traktor again, but it still has the same problems as before, and now my live input deck won't work either, it doesn't load correctly and just stares blank at me when i try to change any deck into a live input for the mic....sooo i went back to playing on decks C and D and everything ended pretty good besides that minor hicup...my question is does anyone else know why this happened? I'm like 90% sure it's because of the setup through the hub, but how else can i set this up? My MBP only has 2 USB's and isn't growing anymore. Is there a safer USB hub? (I can't remember the brand, i'll repost when i get home and can look at it)....

Looking back I should have re-calibrated my decks and that could have fixed my other issues, i think? or is there a better way?

Since it seems like you only use two USB devices, why not store all the music on the internal HDD? Having music on an external drive is the biggest F-up you can have when playing out. It's like voluntarily living in the danger zone

What is weird is that Traktor piece by piece got messed up.. Are you running something like SMCFancontrol? How hot did your MBP get?
    What are your S4 soundcard settings?
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Wizard

Audeo, thanks for the response. I don't store anything on my HDD, besides sets that I am recording. I DO have all of my music and my MBP backed up on it, but none of that is in use while I play, I use everything that is stored directly on my MBP HDD.

Yeah I thought it was wierd also, and no I am not running anything like SMCFancontrol, perhaps I should look into it? I had the MBP on the table for awhile, and then realized this was a bad idea and put something to wedge it up about half way through. (Physical constraints wouldn't allow me to do a whole lot more than that). I don't think I have ever even touched my SC settings. should I look into that ?
    13" MBP 4GB RAM // Kontrol S4 // MF3D // V-Moda LP II's // Rokit 6's // Sony MDR-V700's

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JCohh View Post
    I don't think I have ever even touched my SC settings. should I look into that ?
    Please post your audio settings. Also, up to you but playing from an external is BAD NEWS mate. Cheers
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

He's not playing from an external HDD but recording on to it. Which is equally bad. Don't do that
    But yeah, let's take a peak under your hood.. if you catch my drift.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD