Broken pitch fader on VCI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Broken pitch fader on VCI

The knob for my VCI-100's pitch fader broke off a couple months ago after some rough treatment at a party during an equipment switch. About a week ago the exposed metal from the fader got bent so bad in my backpack that it damaged the actual fader inside the VCI. It doesn't want to move anymore and is extremely loose.

I was wondering if anyone knew the part number of that piece and where I could find a replacement. I checked DJdeals and couldn't find anything, most parts are for their mixers, etc and I'm not sure which parts can be used for multiple models.

Any help towards replacing the part would really be appreciated.

The best thing to do is open the case and check for a parts code on the actual faders itself.

www.mouser.com has plenty of slide potentiometers. The faders I used to replace my channel volume work great.

the VCI-100 uses 10kohm resistance parts (correct me if im wrong). Theoretically, as long as the slider is 10kohm and similar size specifications it should still function the same.

to your question I add my own. If a longer (10kohm) pitch fader is installed, and the case modified to accommodate the extra length, would it function the same?

I took my VCI apart and the fader says "710C-10KB"

Not really sure what the first part means, but by the looks of it the 10KB means 10kohms with a B taper.

I'm assuming something like this one on Mouser will do the trick: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...GN9%2fv1vMU%3d

Any insight as to whether this one is the right move?

hey there i actually had the exact same problem, and had to replace the pitch fader.

What i did was contact a Vestax repair centre in my area (this was a little harder than i first thought) and they said i could either have them repair it for a failry steep price, or they could simply sell me the part.

SO i bought the part (always willing to save a buck haha) and opened up my vci allllll the way up and de-soldered the existing broken pitch fader. If you want to do this i suggest first looking at the soldering article posted recently then going ahead and doing it. It's a bit daunting at first, but with some brains and a steady hand should take less than an hour

I would only make sure that you double check the size specifications. (to make sure the screw holes are the same size etc). Also In not sure if the new fader has a center indent. If it was up to me, I would replace both faders so they have similar feel and resistance.

good luck with your repair.

Im not sure how useful this is for the pitch sliders but, here is a recap on how I replaced my volume faders:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...er+replacement

all you gotta say to to the repair centre is i need a replacement pitch fader for a Vestax VCI -100.

Sm00sh, there are NO screws holding them in place they are soldered directly to what i call the 'motherboard' making them a little harder to replace.

beleive me i done this shit before!

Quote Originally Posted by timinya View Post

Sm00sh, there are NO screws holding them in place they are soldered directly to what i call the 'motherboard' making them a little harder to replace.
    yeah I just had a chance to re-open it up and see the hardware. screws or no screws the fader in question will need to be desoldered. while the slide potentiometers from mouser are of better quality, I can only agree that contacting the service center would be the option with least hassle.

now as my VCI-100 lay here exposed, I will begin drafting ideas for my pitch fader mod. Im almost certain I can wire In a fader with longer travel. however the 100mm sliders I have found thus far seem to be to big. If your fader is still unprepared when I begin this mod, then I don't mind taking some pictures to document the repair.

once again good luck

I dont think that pitch fader from mauzer has a centre indent

When I did my Vci mod I searched for weeks for replacement
    pitch faders.
    You cannot find the same ones as in the VCI,simply because they are
    custom made for Vestax.
    You can find a similar pitch fader (Alps), but without Center Detent.
    If you want a center detent, there are only pitch faders with a led in
    the lever,they are wider, and your slider-knob will not fit..

The best thing to do is order one at a Vestax Service-Center an desolder
    the old one,and replace it. But it's not too easy, because it is soldered
    on 5 point, 2 points on both ends and one in the middle.

Anthony
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

maybe no one listened to me here hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast