DJ CDs/Pools/Packs - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WDPK837 View Post
    I really don't like the X-mix/Funkymix series of stuff, because they usually have extended intros/outros and dumb sound effects/drops in the middle of the song, or add different rhythms. Kind of "remixes lite." In my eyes it's a little unnecessary, especially with the versatility of the DJ software/DVSs that a lot of us use.
    totally agree with that, i see it as a way of branding almost, similar to dj drop-ins every 30 seconds like i see on almost every hip hop mixtape.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

I am a HUGE fan of promo only. I've been on their service for years.

I DJ in so many different genres it's absolutely exhausting to pick dig through crates/interwebs/radio stations to find new tracks. NOT to mention promo only is sometimes 1-2 months AHEAD of the curve with an exclusive remix or two.

I also STILL pick up cds from razormaid about every 6 months.

These services are absolutely invaluable to a professional DJ. If I were just playing at raves or techno clubs, of course I'd have no use for it, but when my paycheck is on the line, I'll take any help I can get!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

I guess one needs to have a reasonable dj career to qualify for subscribtion, which I don't have atm..
    There is a promo service by Beatport - promoone.com. Anyone using it?

If anyone has any more of these sites we would love to hear them, we are thinking about doing a blog post on this subject and your guys feedback on these sites is very important to us

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    If anyone has any more of these sites we would love to hear them, we are thinking about doing a blog post on this subject and your guys feedback on these sites is very important to us
    sexy

The thing I like about the promo only stuff too is that you'll get acapella's and instrumentals ...

There's plenty of mainstream hiphop that I love the production and hate the lyrics to
    All we ever have is now ...

One of the ones I use to get is Full Tilt Remix
    http://www.fulltiltremix.com

I also sound on The promo only subs they are great to to have in your record case ...

As far as the ultimix and funkymix I see where some posts complained about the long intros and outros, easy workarounds are cuepoints or what I tend to do is use the intros and allow me to work the filters or eq to work the mixes in...

As far as the secret remixes, ill give mine up, look up "r.e.e.o. remix" some interesting stuff, but most things from Brazil are always interesting.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    nice one

what I'd really like to see is a blog post on these cds packs but also on the various blogs that a lot of the electro scene are using now. Are they legit? What are the best ones? Why aren't other genres of music using them? (like dnb for example), etc

Was there ever an article written with reviews on best and worst of these? A Newbie wants to know... :-) Thanks guys!!

I probly get shot down for saying this but I have not had a gig yet as I don't even have my controller or laptop yet!

But atm all I'm doing to get good dance and club bangers is getting compilation CD's off rapidshare! Even titles like 200 dance hits '09 and pump it 2010 which is a weight lifting motivational cd for giving you mental energy! It's the only album I could find with that song Kids by RoboKids on it!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast