Cant get the S4 mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cant get the S4 mapping

Hi, i registered my email and my forum details to get the s4 mapping, now i think i made the mistake of confirming my account on my mobile phone. As when the file downloads and i open it there is nothing there, and i've read somewhere that someone else had the same problem after confirming on there mobile phone device.
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

It doesn't matter how you confirm your account. It should work fine either way. Let me know the exact steps you are performing, which OS and browser you are using.

- John.

i sign in to the mappings part, i click on the download the file and it appears in my donwloads box. Im using a macbook pro on snow leopard. when the file is downloaded on my desktop is says DJTT_S4_Mapping_v1.2.2.tsi.xml or something and when i click on it there is nothing inside, ive just click download on my pc at work and the file is called DJTT_S4_Mapping_v1.2.2.tsi so why is it different when i do it on my macbook?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

Which browser are you using on your macbook? I wil try and reproduce the problem.

If you rename the DJTT_S4_Mapping_v1.2.2.tsi.xml file to DJTT_S4_Mapping_v1.2.2.tsi, does it read into traktor?

nope when i open traktor and hit the big import file i look on my desktop and it shows the file but its not highlighted therefore i cant click on it in traktor, im just using the standard safari browser

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

... and you renamed the file so it ends with .tsi before you tried to import into Traktor.

I will try and reproduce the problem too.

yes i renamed it, still doesnt work cant you email the link to me and i could try that?

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

For some reason in Safari, it add's a .xml to the end. When I tried on my macbook with safari I just renamed the file by removing the .xml extension and it imports into Traktor fine.

i've just tried again now and yes it works thanks for your efforts , i think i may have just deleted the xml and not the .xml last time i tried perhaps.. sorry for being a dumb ass

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

No problem. I'm still going to try and figure out if I stop Safari adding the .xml though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast