Kontrol s4 effects knobs very loose, how to fix?
    Tech Guru

Default Kontrol s4 effects knobs very loose, how to fix?

So my top left effects panel has been really loose and im scared on one strong twist it will snap off. I tried to take the bottom panel off and see what is going on...

Basically the whole PCB panel is moving so the knob on the outtermost corner has the most motion up and down while the inner most effects knob moves the least up and down.

The problem I am finding now is that I thought there was just a loose screw holding down the effects PCB but now I can't even find the screws holding down the effects PCB.

Has anyone else has this problem and found how to make the effects knobs more secure?

Does anyone have pictures of the S4 taken apart completely....not just to install a crossfader?

Thanks

I have taken it apart to reach the faders they where living there own life, but somehow even when you unscrew every screw on the printer boards it remains stuck, like they glued it to the plastic. i could get the jogs out but there are no screws hidden that hold the printer boards. I tried a bit to lift it out with a screw driver but didn't want to apply to much force. so faders and knobs remain hidden.

At the end WD40 was the solution for me to get the faders acting again as they should.

So i'm interested too, if someone could get those printer boards out. still got an fx push button not working right
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Do not use WD40 for any dj/music equipment. It is only a short term fix. It would also clean most of the original conductive lubricant off which is bad. In the long run it will attract more dust and grime and you'll probably wear out the fader more then without wd40. Check this link out for some legit fader care... http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

I hate to bump an old thread, but I am hoping others may respond to this. I'm on my 2nd S4, and damned if a near-brand new deck isn't doing the same thing. The first one became unusable, so I swapped it at the local GC, but unfortunately appears a recurring problem.

Any other thoughts on this?
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Guru

I am still loooking for a solution as well. I've taken apart many electronics but I don't want to break the board by pulling off the outermost board protecting the effects PCB.