American Audio Radius 1000 MIDI Map Explanation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default American Audio Radius 1000 MIDI Map Explanation

Hello all.

After much deliberation, I'm finally taking time to expand the mapping on my American Audio Radius 1000's (thank god for summer). Anyway, I'm looking through the manual that explains the MIDI mapping for the buttons and I'm confused as hell. It seems like it has no bearing on the mapping system TSP 2 uses now. I've been doing simple mapping additions periodically, via learn function, but now I'm trying to do LED mapping and (of course) learn is useless.

If anybody can help explain what the hell the map in the back of the included PDF means (Page 35 - 37), I'll be extremely grateful; would be much easier to understand the MIDI meanings rather than go through trial and error.

http://www.americanaudio.us/pdffiles...-march2010.pdf
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster View Post
    Hello all.

After much deliberation, I'm finally taking time to expand the mapping on my American Audio Radius 1000's (thank god for summer). Anyway, I'm looking through the manual that explains the MIDI mapping for the buttons and I'm confused as hell. It seems like it has no bearing on the mapping system TSP 2 uses now. I've been doing simple mapping additions periodically, via learn function, but now I'm trying to do LED mapping and (of course) learn is useless.

If anybody can help explain what the hell the map in the back of the included PDF means (Page 35 - 37), I'll be extremely grateful; would be much easier to understand the MIDI meanings rather than go through trial and error.

http://www.americanaudio.us/pdffiles...-march2010.pdf
    Ah someone in the same boat!

I have got a nice map for both of my radius 1000's for use in Traktor Pro 2 (soon to be 2.5 soon as i get round to updating it!) Have attached the map, if that helps.

Now im trying to get the LED's mapped.. I do love these things in midi mode... just want them to look pretty now

Hopefully someone that has been here before will come and post!

Cheers
    Dazzler
    Attached Files Attached Files

in 2.5 led mapping can be used with learn
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Wizard

oooh sounds like I better get on and do the update then

in the mean time im trying to find a good online tutorial in midi mapping... im sure there must be one somewhere! also there must be a more technical midi map layout for the radius 1000...

Cheers
    Dazzler

Tech Wizard

mmm and I just found your post Toastmaster on the NI forums, between us im sure we can get it going!

I would love to get the jog wheel LED mapped but as far as i can tell there is no mapping for it, which is a real shame.....

Cheers
    Dazzler

Quote Originally Posted by dazzler22 View Post
    mmm and I just found your post Toastmaster on the NI forums, between us im sure we can get it going!

I would love to get the jog wheel LED mapped but as far as i can tell there is no mapping for it, which is a real shame.....

Cheers
    Dazzler
    Original TSI file from the manufacturer has the jog wheel LEDs mapped so that touch causes full light up. Usually LEDs are mapped to the same note/cc, so you can use learn to find what the function's (i.e. jog touch) note is and then make an output that is mapped to that same note.

More info here: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/

The problem is is that some of the LEDs are independent of a knob or function and are their own note, so that is what I'm trying to solve with finding the mapping for the Radius.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

Tech Wizard

Yes my jog lights when I touch it. I would like it to go round like it does when you play a cd. Im not sure u can map it to do that though.....

And cheers for the link. Deff need to get into this mapping lark!

Cheers
    Dazzler
    2 x Radius 1000, 2x SLDLP3's, Behringer DJX700, Traktor Pro 2, NI Audio2
    a 17" Dell Studio 1737 with crazy latency
    oh and..... Some Drum and Bass!

No problem mate; I'm entirely sure you can make the LED spin but I would assume there would be a way to do it. Probably would be pretty damn complicated and require multiple uses of output blends and what not.

The bottom of the link I included gives details on how to make it flash with the beat of the music, akin to one of the LED settings when spinning on CDs.

Yeah, I just upgraded to 2.5 so I'll check out the LED learn tomorrow and see if that speeds up the process.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

Tech Wizard

coolio, im going to download and upgrade tonight when i get home providing I have the time... dam this working for the man!

Cheers
    Dazzler

Tech Wizard

Ok so I have had 2.5 installed for a few days now, all good so far (loving the remix decks... need more buttons on me radius!)

I have got some of the LED's mapped out (a lot easier too!) only couple im stuck with is having a hotcue LED lit when a hotcue is set (and off when there isnt one assigned)

and the other is the jog wheel rotating with the track... Im still not sure if this can be done..

But if anyone can help with the hotcue LED's that would be great

Cheers
    Dazzler
    2 x Radius 1000, 2x SLDLP3's, Behringer DJX700, Traktor Pro 2, NI Audio2
    a 17" Dell Studio 1737 with crazy latency
    oh and..... Some Drum and Bass!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast