Hack the F1 - Page 7
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Hack the F1

Tech Convert

Blimey. That last post killed the thread in it's tracks. If the kids allow me 5 mins to myself I'll get a HID simulator running and see if I can talk to Traktor. I'll check back with the GitHub for the data that the F1 outputs and we can go from there.

this thread does seem to have died a bit... odd. someone on the mixxx irc channel also found out that on osx if you install apple's logging versions of drivers you can then use usbtracer to dump all the hid data to and from the device. sounds like a nice and simple way of getting the data. wish i could find a way of creating a virtual hid device on osx tho... plenty of info around for windows (and ofc linux) but not osx.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

I'll have a look to see if I can get all the data I need. If I can get it up and running I'll submit it all to the GitHub project. Will be easy enough to make it mappable so that people can use it with any controller. In theory that is.

Quote Originally Posted by kearnage View Post
    I'll have a look to see if I can get all the data I need. If I can get it up and running I'll submit it all to the GitHub project. Will be easy enough to make it mappable so that people can use it with any controller. In theory that is.
    Thanks mate! I'm hoping for a good result
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Wizard

I'm having a bit of a difficult time tracking the progress here. I'd be willing to help, if there's any work left to do. I've worked on a few USB/MIDI drivers before, including one that was a reverse engineer. It seems like a few of these are using mouse click

What's the deal with the git hub project? There's a little bit of doc but nothing much else on what the next step is.

What's up with the DJTT 3D firmware? Do they have a full reverse engineer? Are they making an HID endpoint that looks like an F1 and routing messages separately?

It looks like it would be pretty easy to setup a fake device driver that translates midi to HID and back.
    Last edited by JoeM; 06-04-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Tech Convert

I agree. I was hoping to start last night but kids with colds thought otherwise. I was dusting off the c++/drivers parts of the old grey matter when it also struck me that I had read a thread like this in the past. A quick search later and this popped up

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=32001

I've not had chance to catch up on it yet though. It does mention a mapping for the F1 though.

The DJTT work for the 3d looks just the ticket. All the reverse engineering done. Would be nice to get hold of that.

someone known any free midi to mouse movements program for OSX?
    Seems that are all for Windows, i wish i could use this solution meanwhile people try to hack the driver.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

managed to make X1 work with remix decks on tractor on OSX lion using bome's pro (demo atm).
    slot play using bome, meanwhile all the other functions like slot filter and volumes and loops using normal midi mapping in traktor
    yep, kinda happy
    Last edited by CionniAsDj; 06-05-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Soundcloud.

Wiki page on GitHub updated to document the development environment. Kids permitting, we should have a forkable codebase by tonight - not a working solution, just a starting point. Don't go getting ahead of ourselves.

https://github.com/fatlimey/hack-the...:-Design-Ideas

looks awesome - shame still no info for mac. i keep coming up with nothing on that front - just keep finding more articles on linux or windows :P
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast