Midi Fighter Pro or Traktor F1
    Tech Student

Default Midi Fighter Pro or Traktor F1

Hey guys i currently have a tractor s2 and I'm looking at adding another piece of hardware into the mix. Currently I'm trying to decide between the midi fighter pro and the new tractor f1. I do plan to use this with traktors new sample decks but it would be a plus if i could also use it with logic or reason to produce. I've done a little research on this and as far as i know the midi fighter will allow me to do this and i don't think the f1 will allow me to do this.

But looking at the f1 compared to the midi fighter super knob, it looks like i might have better features with the f1 for remixing as i can individually set each sample deck with its own effects and tweak them individually. Can this be done with the midi fighter as well?

Basically just looking for any information that will sway me one way or the other! I'm swaying towards the fighter pro but would love to hear some reviews on the f1 if any has had a chance to play with it.
    Last edited by nlomb; 05-30-2012 at 05:23 PM.

at the moment you cannot use the midifighter for the remix decks in traktor 2.5. only the f1 will work witch all 64 cells. the f1 has a midi mode so you can use it with every piece of software that supports midi..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Student

Awesome didn't know the f1 had a midi mode i was talking to a few people at a local music shop and they mis informed me you've. I was drawn to the f1 for the color coding but now that i know it has midi ill definitely be adding it to my lineup.

I'm getting the F1 for the extra buttons, knobs, and faders.

just for the sake of completeness:

the MF3D will be usable with the remix decks in the near future

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst