Soundcard : Echo Audiofire 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yes it is that delay. Some built in sound cards give you a latency of 30ms or more. I think that is still acceptable but many people don't think it is.
    <5ms is achievable with the AudioFire and the chances are really low you'll notice the difference lower than 6ms.

Tech Mentor

"Headphone output is independent from line outputs (listen to cue mix separate from house mix)"

http://www.echoaudio.com/products/fi...ire2/index.php

That is pretty clear

These cards have wiked A/D converters for their class, the next setup up in quality costs you ALOT - you would be looking at an RME fireface 400 as the next step up in terms of sound quality which costs ALOT more.

I'm not even sure the RME fireface 400 really sounds alot better. Either way during a gig sound quality really doesn't matter as much as you think as long as the sound card is pretty good. Don't worry, it's really something just for true audiophiles with extremly good ears (certainly in a live situation at such levels). Using your EQ properly etc. is way more important.

Tech Student

Default External mixing with Traktor ?

Guys, do you know if it is possible to use Audiofire 2 for external mixing with Traktor ? The review on this web says no but I thought it has two independent stereo outputs, therefore it is possible to route deck A to input 1, deck B to input 2 and monitor via external mixer.

Let me know, please, to be sure what to buy – Audiofire 2 is cheaper than Audiofire 4 and would be enough for me, if it enables this. Thanks.

Yes, it works with a digital (coaxial) cable. It also features scratch control! You will have to youse the Spdif connector because the two balanced jacks on the front work as ONE stereo output.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Beat View Post
    Yes, it works with a digital (coaxial) cable. It also features scratch control! You will have to youse the Spdif connector because the two balanced jacks on the front work as ONE stereo output.
    Could you be a bit more specific?scratch control??really???

Well, the SPdif connector allows the in- or output of a digital source! So you have two ins and two outs! Scratch Control is possible if your cd device offers a digital out. So you need Timecodes and Traktor with scratch functionality. Moreover the audiofire 2 has a brilliant sound quality and fits into every dj bag. Im Not sure wether you can plug Rca's to the spdif plug. But I can figure this out if you want...

I couldn't get it running with the RCA connector. But there is definetly an output signal so if you're able to change the digital format to an analog signal - you will have two different outputs (1&2). By the way: The Pioneer DJM 800 does offer analog aswell as digital hookup!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast