Soundcard : Echo Audiofire 2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Soundcard : Echo Audiofire 2

Has anyone ever used this piece of gear ? How does it perform ? How is the sound quality ? The latency ? Is the mini-jack headphone a problem ?

Tech Convert

hi peter!
    i ordered one today, hope to get it within one week, i´ll report you my experiences as soon as i receve it, i just recently bought a numark dj IO and i am a little bit disappointed about the headphone amplification and the overall soundquality, but it is a cheap gear, but after a little bit of modding it looks quite nice, at least to me

This was a numark dj io????looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

how have you done that???

Tech Convert

hi peter!
    yes, did it on my own, love to work with wood, was kind of tricky cause it´s made out of one solid piece of walnut-wood, the blue glowing of the acrylic backplate makes it perfectly fitting to my vci-100, the delivery of my echofire will be delayed, so you have to wait a little bit longer for my first impressions on it

Quote Originally Posted by psychoguru View Post
    hi peter!
    yes, did it on my own, love to work with wood, was kind of tricky cause it´s made out of one solid piece of walnut-wood
    Amazing custom job! Very impressive, and stylish too. So good to see a custom case that isn't all fluoro mushrooms and tribal tattoo logos.

I've been looking into the Audiofire 4 myself. The sound quality is pretty important too me. I don't really care a lot about the inputs.
    Anyway, it's supposed to have the same A/D/A converters as the RME Fireface 400!
    The Audiofire cards are supposed to sound amazing for their price, probably quite a bit better than the M-audio range.

I guess they engineered it with an eye for sound quality instead of a whole bunch of special features. Echo has been making soundcards for a pretty long time and their drivers are supposed to be rock solid.
    If you want you can use the digital out to get 2 extra channels or route sound to an external uber expensive DAC.
    Sound quality wise the analogue outputs should be the same in both the Audiofire 2 and Audiofire 4.

The Echo site doesn't state that the headphone output at the front is on 2 separate channels but I guess it is. The one on the Audiofire 2 definitely is.

I would go for the Audiofire 4, if the headphone output isn't good enough you can then use one pair of outputs on the back and route it to a separate headphone amplifier in any price class you like.

There's a bunch of info on the card here: http://www.gearslutz.com
    Last edited by Guust-Fi; 04-13-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Tech Mentor

was thinking about getting one of these or possibly the audiofire 4's.. I have a DJ IO myself and I know what you mean about the headphone volume. luckily traktor has some good knobs to turn up the cue volume seperately which is exactly what I wanted.. still not as loud as it should be...

sound quality wise.. its not the ultimate but its a very sturdy first purchase... great for people wanting to get into the scene since the price is pretty good.

very easy to install and the manual includes how to configure for traktor so I was very satisfied... up and running in 2 minutes

not sure what I will do for my next card.. I am tempted to go the traktor scratch path, but since I am a midi controller user not sure if i need to.. would be good to have the option of spinning vinyl or cd's if its not possible to use my midi...

Tech Convert

hi peter!
    got it last week, till now the drivers work (both on mac (Mac PRO 2008) and vista (Dell VOSTRO Laptop with vista business 32bit)) flawlessly, the soundquality is really good, the headphone ampflification is excellent.
    used it on a gig last weekend, no troubles at all
    can highly recommend it, in my ears it sounds a lot better than my previous DJ IO
    hope this helps you in your decision, the prices in europe dropped in the last month from 220€ to 159€), which really makes it a bargain

Tech Convert

forget to mention the latency on my system is 2,5ms

thanks for the feedback !
    i finally got a presonus firebox for 260 € (brand new) !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast