Having trouble trying to beatgrid W&W - Dome

Default Having trouble trying to beatgrid W&W - Dome

Yo guys, Ive just recently started beat gridding my songs and most of it is going quite well, I downloaded the hotkeys tks and been watching Eans tutorial for traktor 3.4. But I have a song called W&W - Dome, and I cant successfully beatgrid it. When I listen to it I am sure that after the long intro the tempo increases by a few bpm which in turn throws all the beat grids out!

here is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Muo9lpy14

Please help me with this guys as its one of my favorites and not being able to use it is rubbish!

Thanks

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If there is a tempo increase then you can't beatgrid it. you need to warp it in Ableton or do it by ear

Traktor only allows one tempo per song
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    If there is a tempo increase then you can't beatgrid it. you need to warp it in Ableton or do it by ear

Traktor only allows one tempo per song
    Not true, Traktor can support sudden tempo changes but not gradual changes.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

As far as I knew, Traktor only allows one Tempo per track... does it support two tempos now and I've been missing out?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

the answer is simple, beat grid it as if the song only exists after the increase in tempo.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Traktor only supports one tempo, the beatgrid is flat. You can 'reset' the grid by adding a new grid marker but the following markers will follow at the same bpm.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I think DJ Animus has hit the nail on the head, i aint tried it out yet mind you but its soundin like a good plan!

I noitced when i was messing about with beatgrids that if you have one set then add another one it doesnt automatically erase the first, its as if there is 2 in place then?? How do you delete the beatgrids altogether and just go back to the tempo traktor originally thought it was??

thanks!

Had a go there now with the applying the beatgrid after the tempo change technique, i will say it works but im just not getting it rite! To test it i get another song that has near the same tempo and sync them up to see if they stay in sync, but it dont work I cant wait to get back to play with my VCI-100 so I can manually try and beatmatch/figure out what the tempo is.

But that wont solve the problems when it comes to the loops and stuff being in time etc, i need the beatgrid!! lol

Does anyone have a copy of the song?? maybe tell me what bpm they have for it? I have 135.5 for it at the mo.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I get 136.00 in both Traktor Pro and Mixmiester.

The track has an annoying release on the Kick drum that makes it sound off and its clicky which seems to confuse Sync.
    Managed to grid it ok but the grid seems to sit slightly behind the beat which sort of explains the release on the kick.

This grid was set on the first beat and you can see the grid is still tight at the end of the track. If you try to get the grid bang on the kick like you would on most tunes it will not sync with another track cus of the release of the kick drum .

Ahh gridding...my only weakness! Tracks with tempo changes are a pain in the ass to grid as we all know. Isolating the changing tempo section by using say 2 or three separate grids can work depending on the track. Obviously if you want to mix into a section that has a gradual tempo change thats not gonna work, as the grid will drift off , so the trick is to chuck the grids onto parts that have a steady tempo.
    An example of this would be deadmau5 vs house of pain - jump around. The first part is a steady housey section, then it slows down into the original house of pain track, then speeds up again, twice. I set up 3 separate grids which isolated the hippity hoppity section and we have no trouble with it now. Vinyl rips tend to drift quite badly no matter what.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "