Ennoia APC40 Traktor Mapping Traktor 2.5.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ennoia APC40 Traktor Mapping Traktor 2.5.0

This is the new thread for My Mappings the original can be found here and the journey to get here:
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=29817

I wrote an essay on my other thread of instructions to this and i got shafted by the login and lost it so here is the file i'll re-write it 2moro.

jpeg and video soon too.

enjoy

***MACS, Change all in's and outs to APC 40 for all Presets in dropdown***
    ***PC's Need Midi Yoke and Str8updrw Max Patch check other thread last page for download links
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nonspacial; 06-06-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: updating TSI File

Default Here is the finished Jpeg sorry for the delay.

Here you go enjoy now knowing what the hell ur looking at
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've re-uploaded the TSI in case it was a broken one so please re download it from the original post... Sorry

PC Users: Max Patch should be set to

To Traktor Midi Yoke 2
    From Traktor Midi Yoke 1
    Controllers APC40 on both

Mac Users as above
    Last edited by nonspacial; 06-06-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Default Version 1.1 with Beat gridding Page

Jpeg attached i'll get doin a video 2moro so it makes more sense but i'm pretty happy with it's structure now
    Last edited by nonspacial; 06-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nonspacial View Post
    Jpeg attached i'll get doin a video 2moro so it makes more sense but i'm pretty happy with it's structure now
    Hi,

I imported the tsi v1.1 and chose device "Beatgrid..." with In and out ports on APC40
    but no way to control...
    Is there something i mess?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mix-or View Post
    Hi,

I imported the tsi v1.1 and chose device "Beatgrid..." with In and out ports on APC40
    but no way to control...
    Is there something i mess?

Thanks
    I presume you're on a Mac then... You need to change all the in and out ports for all of the presets (Devices) it imports starting with Mixer and finishing with Macro Knobs there are 9 in total... hence why i haven't done it to upload yet cos i'm still configuring it and it's a pain every time i upload a new one

If you're actually on PC then you need Str8updrw's Max Patch which the deposit files link is still working from my old thread... see 1st post for link to it.... max patch is on page 8.

If again that's the case (PC) to save you a bit of time reading the whole thread, do the following:

Turn on APC
    Start Max Patch from Final Beta folder
    Change the top left box to Midi Yoke 2
    Leave the one next to it and change both boxes for To Controller and From Controller to APC 40 in the list.
    Start Traktor

If for some reason you don't have MidiYoke installed yet then get it from a google search but it will not install if User Account Control is switched on at all so you must disable it from Control Panel then reboot then install MidiYoke then reboot then turn on UAC again and reboot, to have UAC actually back on or you can just go to the steps above and restart another day.

hope that helps

Robbie

It is also worth noting now that Traktor is actually much better at detecting the BPM's and Beatgridding them correctly for tracks if you setup the analysis correctly when you analyse.

Here's what i found out today:

For House Tracks the normal setting of 60-200 is pretty acurate but for anything else it seems pretty shit.
    For Drum 'n' Bass it often half Tempo's the tracks and to avoid laborious doubling or clicking and editing setting the analyis to 128-255 works great.
    For Dubstep it's the same 128-255 works perfectly good.
    You might think that it's then just worth setting to that but i discovered some of my slower house tracks then get doubled from their 95-120BPM ranges and thus using the 2 of them i have been able to get the BPM's mostly correct and only had to sort by BPM to adjust very few groups in the massive collections i had to correct less than 1/2 a BPM in either direction.
    Traktor will not change a difference of 0.001 either way during batch edit and i reckon in a 7 minute track the difference this would make to your mix is potentially irrelevant and so i only change those that are greater than this value manually.

Having your tracks beatgrid locked also allows you to transfer these to USB\SD card decks and preserve your grids so that you know the tempo fader is consistent in any other real world situations. My mates Denon's jump all over the place on his tracks and they're always fighting it at breakdowns etc, i put my tracks from taktor on a USB stick and they came up BPM locked and worked great.

In the next version of the mapping i have included 2 buttons to Lock and Unlock the Beatgrid from the browser so that you can literally shift click the entire collection and unlock them, analyse and then lock them all again with ease. (that's all i've done so i won't be uploading it til there are some 1 shot FX too)

Laters

(Also set your Tempo Fader Range to 8% and it you can beat match with ease manually. at 128BPM 0.8% = 1BPM ish, at 174BPM 0.5-6% = 1 BPM ish)
    Last edited by nonspacial; 06-09-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Tech Wizard

Any chance this has the remix decks on it?
    I know its probably not possible until NI helps out, but wishful thinking cant hurt!

it has the 1st 8 slots and is well ready as soon as they release the Midi Commands for the other 12 slots plus pages for the Banks. I's up to N.I. when this is... it has full control of the vol and filter for decks C/D and slot trigger stop load/unload for C/D slots.

The way N.I. have currently worked it the selected sample in the slot will be played by the button so i could have slot 1 top, slot 2 middle top, and slot 3 bottom, etc selected and trigger at will... you would need to change the selected sample manually with a mouse to change the triggerable one and by clicking the appropriate place for this it plays that sample so it's either got to be in time or fader/knob down... all controls listed in Jpeg

You can also save remix sets to disk and load entire sets to decks C/D and switch the Decks from Track to Remix for C/D independently
    peace dude

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nonspacial View Post
    I presume you're on a Mac then... You need to change all the in and out ports for all of the presets (Devices) it imports starting with Mixer and finishing with Macro Knobs there are 9 in total... hence why i haven't done it to upload yet cos i'm still configuring it and it's a pain every time i upload a new one

If you're actually on PC then you need Str8updrw's Max Patch which the deposit files link is still working from my old thread... see 1st post for link to it.... max patch is on page 8.

If again that's the case (PC) to save you a bit of time reading the whole thread, do the following:

Turn on APC
    Start Max Patch from Final Beta folder
    Change the top left box to Midi Yoke 2
    Leave the one next to it and change both boxes for To Controller and From Controller to APC 40 in the list.
    Start Traktor

If for some reason you don't have MidiYoke installed yet then get it from a google search but it will not install if User Account Control is switched on at all so you must disable it from Control Panel then reboot then install MidiYoke then reboot then turn on UAC again and reboot, to have UAC actually back on or you can just go to the steps above and restart another day.

hope that helps

Robbie
    I'm on a PC, however i don't see the link to Max Patch on page 8 of your old thread if you could help me to find it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast