Where to keep Remix Sets?

Default Where to keep Remix Sets?

I know there has been a lot of discussion on traktor workflow and library organization. Many including Ean are proponents of using iTunes for all tracks. I was wondering what people are doing with samples and Remix Sets. Where are people keeping them. It seems traktor stores imported Remix Sets into the folder ContentImport under Home, Music, Traktor on a mac.

So is one basic premiss to use itunes to organize full tracks and traktor to organize samples and remix sets? If that's the case are people creating lots of subfolders for samples and remix sets under genres, etc...

Thanks,

Tech Mentor

I have a 'Samples' folder, and a 'Remix Sets' folder. I'm sure once I build up a collection that will change though.

Are you keeping them in the home/music/traktor folder? I am just curious / concerned with what happens with a major traktor update? Will folders in the traktor folder be overwritten? Will links to files stay intact if they are in a different folder? Also can your Sample and Remix set folders be moved without breaking reference links within traktor.
    Last edited by Kama; 06-07-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kama View Post
    Are you keeping them in the home/music/traktor folder? I am just curious / concerned with what happens with a major traktor update? Will folders in the traktor folder be overwritten? Will links to files stay intact if they are in a different folder? Also can your Sample and Remix set folders be moved without breaking reference links within traktor.
    I keep all my tracks and samples in a folder called "dj" right on my desktop, makes it really easy to drag the files from the beatport downloader folder, which is also on my desktop.

Tech Mentor

I have had a disaster. Remix sets only thing i cant sort though. Basically had to do a completely fresh install of windows, fortunately data partition fine, but i did screw up and nearly lose all itunes playlists (which I use as crates for my workflow, so scary times. Long story short, my traktor collection was a a screwed up mess, and was having many problems with the new itunes installation, and duplicated and false track ids/locations, etc. so I went for the 'scorched earth approach'. completely fresh install of TP2.5 deleted all setting, starting from fresh. Now the weird thing is that although I have all my folders corrrectly assigned in settings and iTunes integration is fine, none of my samples or remix sets show appear in the browser tree, even though they are definitely on the machine and the folder is correctly set in traktor settings!!!!

Any great ideas please? and if i'm missing something simple please do take the piss a little when setting me straight
    Last edited by dillinger23; 11-02-2012 at 12:38 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Did you set the correct file path in the file management section of Traktor's preferences?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

oh yes... first thing I did!!

I started running check consistancy but there is so much there will take 16 hours. I guess will just have to let it run and hope they are done after the music collection is checked or something.

Tech Mentor

consistency check doesnt work either. pretty peeved about this one. :X

@Kama, I keep all my samples and ambiances for my remix sets in itunes also. I have genres like DJ Tools, soundscapes, ambiance, one hits and such. Keeps all my music, loops and samples organized and then backed up via TimeMachine (on a mac).
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors