Looking for a laptop: How important is the screen with regards to matte/glossy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I much prefer the glossy screen on my 17" lappy. Just my opinion...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

I would stay away from Toshiba. Toshiba laptops all have a problem with latency running streaming audio, there is a big thread on the NI forum about it. I of course didn't know this when I bought my Toshiba a few years ago. I bought it because Toshiba had a pretty good rating, came with 6 gigs of RAM and it has an 18.4" screen. The problem I kept having was at least once an hour everything on the screen would stop for like 1/2 a second and the audio would hiccup. This was annoying as all hell and it would affect recordings. I ran the DPCLAT checker and saw the red spikes. I found the problem was with the wireless card so I disabled it and anything else that was unnecessarily running and never had a problem after that. I did hear stories of people disabling everything and still having problems, I was pretty lucky. I have since made this laptop a backup and bought a Dell ALL-In-One desktop which is basically a 23" screen with the computer inside the screen. The glossy screens never bothered me, so I could go either way with it, I think its just personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I got a brand new MBP with a high res matte screen.
    Wait that's an option?

Update: WHAT THE FUCK, APPLE?!!!?!?!

Oh, god…I'm starting to really fucking hate them. That's one more option that just won't show up on the 13" or 11" laptops for no god damned reason, and I'm not willing to use a 15"/17" laptop for anything.

God damned bastards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12