The FX Showdown. 2 or 4?
    Tech Wizard

Default The FX Showdown. 2 or 4?

So I'll just start off with the apologies.
    1) I apologize if this thread exists elsewhere
    2) If they've done an article on it and
    3) If you think this belongs somewhere else or you just don't like me.

Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about how people use Traktors (or i guess any other softwares) effects. Specifically, do you use 4 or 2, and why? I'm sure it will be an interesting debate, but it would be more interesting to see why people have chosen each. It really has implications on how you DJ. It might even steer people in one direction or another on what they buy, or give people some new ideas. So I pose the question:

2 or 4?
    Mixcloud
    Soundcloud
    Kontrol X1, MPK Mini, Korg Mini Kontrol
    Xone 22
    Audio 2 DJ

hi howan, please remove the player from your sig mate, cheers.

until i got a mf3d i stuck to just the two effect banks, still i am fairly frugal with the effects use tho
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I use 2 FX banks for uptempo mixing and 4 effects banks for Ambient/Downtempo sets.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I use 4 fx units in Traktor but see those as 2 pairs, each composed of two fx units.
    Unit 1&3 are dedicated to decks A &or C, Units 2&4 dedicated to decks B &/or D. Units 1&2 are either in single or group mode, units 3&4 always in single mode.

Main reason is I use a lot of units combination that you just can't reproduce with only one unit (as a simple example I create a sound on unit 1 but I want a delay for example applied to that sound which isn't the same as having a delay on slot 3 if you're using one fx unit in group mode).
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Usually two, but recently switched back to four with 3 and 4 being single.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

2 for the most part, 3 /4 if im feeling crazy
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

4 units, although I have them like that just for ease of access, not because I go effect crazy. I have FX units 1 and 2 on my S2 and 3/4 on my X1, FX unit 4 being in single mode for echo freeze. I have different effects on each unit which I access anytime I need. I used to have my APC20 as an FX selector panel, pretty much like in a DJM2000.

I'm personally very light on effects though... mainly Delay and DelayT3 plus a filter, or a little beatmasher plus filter, or some lofi, some reverb, iceverb or peak filter.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1