Wwdc 2012

Thread: Wwdc 2012

Default Wwdc 2012

Just wanted to post some thoughts and things i want to see for us music nerds at WWDC

1st. MacPro update, ive been waiting for this for some time, if this doesnt wow me, Im going to opt for the MacMini Server to do all my musical dirty work. You really cant say no to dual 500gb HD.

2. iOS6 & OSx 10.8 oh and the damn iCloud.

3. is it time for the Macbook PRO to go bye bye? I was reading up that the 17" only accounts for 2% of the macbook sales, but at +2.5k im sure its a money maker. I seriously think the Super Drive should be a option and should be the USB Super drive. SSD or flash memory are going to be a huge welcome. I can live with less HD space to have better battery life.

4. come out with a damn iPad meets Macbook Air!

thoughts?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Apple coming out with their own controller that uses siri to dj for you would be pretty funny
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

typing on a 17 inch right now. let me tell you right now i wish i opted for a smaller screen. this thing is a pain in the ass to transport and its heavy as shit. only bright side is movies on here are awesome

4 or so hours away. lets see what pops up

I hope an update of the MacBook Pro's, particularly the 15 inch ones... Would be great if they could be extended with an high resolution screen (maybe Retina, but 1920*1080/1200 is also fine). It would be so great for Ableton...
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

I definitely think with this update that I'm finally going to ditch pc. 2880 by 1800 is an absurd level of resolution, and with ssd standard, i'd be stupid not to upgrade.

looks like the wife is going to get my 13" macbook pro w/8 gb ram. over kill. but I need to justify spending 2.5k on a mbp. Sucks that the macpro didnt get USB 3.0 or thunderbolt and looks like the 17" just got brushed to the side.

no more ethernet port + no more optical drive + soldered ram & SSD = epic fail
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..