Some funky/disco house

Default Some funky/disco house

I've really been digging funky and disco sounding house as of late but have been having trouble picking out some good artists. Anyone can recommend a few to start me off on my crate digging adventure? Also if you can recommend a blog or two that specialize in those genres that'd be sweet as well.

Preferably newer stuff
    Last edited by firebr4nd; 06-09-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Drop music & Borrowed music labels. If it's really funky you're after check out Basement Freaks and Fort Knox Five. Also check the mix in my sig to see whether that's the style of Funky House & Disco House that you're after.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

check out a-trak's fools gold label. also heres a personal favorite (its an oldy):

Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    Preferably newer stuff
    Don't get hung up on playing newer tracks for disco house (or anything really). Most disco house is using samples from 40 year old tracks anyhow. As long as it's not something that's really well known and got overplayed, the age of the track shouldn't matter. Good music is timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Don't get hung up on playing newer tracks for disco house (or anything really). Most disco house is using samples from 40 year old tracks anyhow. As long as it's not something that's really well known and got overplayed, the age of the track shouldn't matter. Good music is timeless.
    Very true. I just find that sometimes tracks that are made from around the same time will have similar feels and it makes them flow nicely together. I suppose this has more to do with the evolution of the software/hardware used to make the tracks than the tracks themselves.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

This guy is my favorite.