exact bpm

Thread: exact bpm

Tech Wizard

Default exact bpm

Is there a way to get traktor pro to play a track at an exact bpm?
    I have been playing with a technique mentioned in another thread of changing to a slower bpm by multiplying the playing bpm by .75 and setting the new track to that.

Traktor never allows me to set the bpm exactly. I have been successful just setting it as close as I can and then using the jog wheel on my controller to keep it in phase. But I was wondering if there was a way to get it even closer.

I thought maybe if I rt clicked on the bpm in the player I should be able to enter a bpm with the keyboard but NO........

Sync the deck to the master clock, then double click the tempo where the master clock is and type your new tempo in.

Im guessing you read that techniquei in one of my posts. This technique isnt supported in Traktor very well sadly, your best off doing what you have been doing then resyncing the master clock to the slower new track you have mixed in. Another approach is to beatgrid the slower track with a grid thats 1.333 times faster than the actual BPM, that way when you can trigger the track using quantise. However the problem with that is that then the song is out of time to the effects. I really wish there was a x0.75 and a x1.33 button, that would help alot in using sync and still being able to utilse these mixing techniques aswell as Traktors other bells and whistles.

Tech Wizard

iirc it was a thread where someone was asking about premade transition tracks.

What I am doing is probably best. And probably better for my skills in the long run!

Those buttons would be cool. I just wish that the x2 /2 buttons were clickable without unlocking the track. then resuming previous bpm once sync was stopped. One time (in the club :eek after setting a track to x2 to bring it it in with a track at twice the tempo. I then hit /2 so I could relock the track so I would not forget.
    The previous track was still running (mixed out) and sync was engaged!!!!!
    things got ugly real fast!!!!