Will this setup work?
    Tech Mentor

Default Will this setup work?

Will this setup work guys?

2 CDJ-850's, DJM 700, VCI 100, Audio 2 DJ, Traktor Pro (not scratch)

Using the CDJ's in Midi mode, using the VCI purely for effects, cue points, loops and routing the outputs to the mixer and cueing on the mixer?

In my head this works, but only for two deck mixing, if I wanted four deck mixing I would need an audio 4/6/8/10?

Correct?

Well if u use the 850s in midi mode it may automatically assume the soundcard is coming from there. Therefore I'd you just aggregate the soundcards then plug in the Vci you shouldn't even need the audio 2. The Vci will act as a midi controller that's it.

Why not just get an X1 for FX? the VCI is overkill and takes up lots of room.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Mentor

Oh yer this is just something I wanna try cos I have access to all this gear at a gig coming up. If I was buying it all I would just get an X1.

Cheers for the help guys.

Tech Mentor

It will work, but you don't need the audio 2.

Well if u use the 850s in midi mode it may automatically assume the soundcard is coming from there. Therefore I'd you just aggregate the soundcards then plug in the Vci you shouldn't even need the audio 2. The Vci will act as a midi controller that's it.

Traktor will read both the 850s as 1 soundcard because they are the same. You could still use the audio 2 if you wanted to but its not necessary and when you go to audio setup you will see you can choose the audio 2, pioneer, or VCI. Controlwise it won't have a problem. I have like 4 different midi controllers hooked up and some of the functions are the same so it is kinda kool when you hit the button on 1 and the others light up too.

Tech Mentor

Will it allow me to output the decks individually ie one as deck a and one as deck b on the mixer?

Youll need traktor scratch if you want to use HID
    you wont need the audio 2 as your main will be coming from the mixer, if you want to use 3 or 4 decks you wont need the extra soundcard as the CDJs have a traktor scratch soundcard installed (850/900/2000 only tho)
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter