Best Ultra Compact Traktor Controller Under $100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Best Ultra Compact Traktor Controller Under $100

Hello,

I love my Traktor S2 and I love my Pacemaker DJ device. My Pacemaker has melted many hours away when on long travels with smooth mixing entertainment. A great little compact device that has so much potential. However Tonium has given up on the Pacemaker hardware, no more firmware updates (and they won't release the code to the public for community updates) and no more editor (computer software) updates to fix issues with beat grid detection and other minor shortcomings. Maybe it's time for me to move on...

I take my laptop on all of my travels. I would probably be just as happy using my laptop and Traktor as my on-the-go DJ setup... however I would prefer to have some physical controls, at least for the faders/knobs, so I don't rely on limited keyboard and mouse controls. But I want it to be nice and small, so I can throw it in with my laptop backpack... and can run without being an excessive drain my laptop battery. Best I can currently see is the Korg NanoKontrol... and may be hard to beat at $60.

I just want easy access to 2 decks (transport, pitch control, volume levels and full EQ)... anything beyond those basics (samples, efx, etc) are just a bonus. Any other hardware suggestions?
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

Maybe the Numark Dj2Go is perfect for you, it costs arround $80 and it's compact.

Tech Mentor

I picked up a X1 + bag for 110 a couple of months ago, second hand but in mint condition. If you can find a deal like that, go for it. I've done gigs with nothing but the X1.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Mentor

DJ2Go... without EQ control it's no good to me... jog wheels are a bonus, but not required.

And I'll consider an X1 if I can find a deal... but I think that's going to be rare find without paying a chunk for shipping.

Thanks for the replies.

Tech Mentor

Oh, 1 or 2 LPD8's, possibly in combination with some laptop keyboard, should give you enough knobs and buttons as well! They're dirt cheap and built to last.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Numark Total Control.... I used it for just that and was able to find one for 60.

Tech Mentor

LPD8 is a very close competitor to the Korg NanoKontrol... almost forgot about them. I was considering using one paired with my old Vestax TR-1 to use Sample Decks, but then I upgraded to the S2 which works great for that anyway.

And the Total Control is way off the mark... I said ultra compact/portable. I already own a S2... I'm not replacing that, I'm just trying to find a simple little controller to use in conjunction with my laptop when on the bus/ferry/airplane/etc.

I just picked up a novation nocturn secondhand for $50, it's small with only a few controls, but there is some middleware that allows up to 1200 seperate controls so very versatile. I'm hoping to crack the HID to bypass the automap software and get the use of the green buttons in software.

It's good quality, I have read a lot of complaints from people about the automap software, but honestly they are stupid as it couldn't be easier

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I would skip the korg nano series, the build quality is just too bad, even for an affordable controller.

M-audio x session pro?? Got mixing and transport controls for two decks+a little extra for FX or filters or whatever u want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast