Does China make fake Sony MDR headphones?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Does China make fake Sony MDR headphones?

Just curious, because there's Sony MDR 7506 cans on ebay for $55 but I'd be lying if I didn't say that the fact that they're coming from "China" has me worried that they're fakes.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SONY-MDR-7506...#ht_832wt_1139

Yes they do and you can bet those are fake. They make fake sony 700s, 7506s, v6s, pioneer hdj-1000s. Hell there are even some really convincing fake HDJ-2000s with cast metal frames and hinges on ebay.

Thanks. Guess I'll just pay more to get them from an American seller. The price definitely seemed too good to be true.

thread/nickname coherence. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bastian View Post
    thread/nickname coherence. lol
    I knew that would come up. I should know better than anyone else right?

China makes knock offs of EVERYTHING BTW.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

why is it people selling fakes like that still get 100% positive feedback on ebay?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

watch out for mdr700's especially as they are discontinued
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    watch out for mdr700's especially as they are discontinued
    one of the reasons I went with Sennheiser instead. i heard that they had been discontinued, and had heard the same thing from my local store since I wanted to try a pair as they still had them on their website. that lead me to think that some other reputable suppliers who were selling them on their website might not be the genuine article, and so I decided not to bother and instead go with the HD25's, which I must say I do not regret one bit.

there is something on google/youtube on how to spot a genuine mdr700, but it's really only of much use if you can see the headphones in person before buying. i would perhaps look on gumtree or craigslist possibly, and pick up a decent pair used which you can see in person (assuming they do not live too far away) if you really want them that bad.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    why is it people selling fakes like that still get 100% positive feedback on ebay?
    Because probably the people buying stuff for dirt cheap from China don't expect to get the real deal. Fake doesn't necessarily mean bad, there's a lot of decent fake stuff out there.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast