Traktor scratch pro serial uthentication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor scratch pro serial uthentication

OK....it should say "authentication". I know NI has a way of making their software legit, installing NI online (authenticating it) ....I've bought legit copies of Traktor 2 and 3 and I remember that this process wasn't always smooth.

I now have an opportunity to buy a USED Traktor Skratch Pro (including the Audio8 box) for a real good deal. Seller has installed already on his own computer, but didn't like it, and is moving on to Serato.

Does he need to contact NI to release the serial, or does it suffice that I now will have the serial/Audio8 dongle? Can I do that or does he have to?

I don't want to miss this opportunity, if it is one.

Thanks.
    Last edited by oquela; 05-27-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: needed clarification, had spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by oquela View Post
    Does he need to contact NI to release the serial, or does it suffice that I now will have the serial/Audio8 dongle? Can I do that or does he have to?
    He needs to contact NI support and have his version of Traktor unregistered so you can then register it under your NI account.
    Also i hope your paying less for this copy of Traktor Pro than it costs to upgrade from Traktor 3 to Traktor Pro using the Traktor Pro upgrade.

Tech Wizard

It's about 300 bux, incl. the audio box, but this guy claims he's never registered. He has everything except vinyls. From what I remember, NI Service Center takes your serial and authenticates with your computer, and only 2 installs are allowed, even if you haven't registered.

I'm trying to get this guy to contact NI.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If he definitely HAS NOT registered it, NI will have no record of anything other than perhaps his purchase if he bought it from them (but that doesnt matter).

If it hasnt been registered you will be fine. The Serial Number will be on the Install CD and you will enter it during the Install process after Service Center has been installed so what you have written is totally correct.

If it turns out that he has registered/activated it before the best way to swap the Registration is by using a 'Transfer Of Ownership Form' . This will unregister it from him and register it to you in one go BUT the seller must email/fax the form to NI.

If you need the Transfer Form go to the Traktor Forum and do a Search on 'Transfer Of Ownership' and you will find a post that i have included the Form (you dont need to login or be a member) just pick a post with my name and you will find the form.

Wonder why he hasnt got the vinyls ??? Anyway doesnt matter you can buy them easily enough.

You should be fine.

Now that we are on the subject of of buying used, I have a question.

Right now I own Traktor Pro and have it registered. I am think about buying a used copy of Traktor 3 scratch and then upgrading it to Scratch Pro.
    How would that turn out? I guess I would end up with a copy of both Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro on my computer or what?
    Any recomendations?

Edit:

Ok fair enough. Just thought that the thread was done (reply had been given) and instead of starting a new thread I could re-use this.

Tech Wizard

BentoSan and Karlos,
    Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. 300 is a lot less than the going rate of 450 (on ebay) and 549 retail.

Flaekiface: recycling is GOOD. I feel you.

Karlos: one more question:

1) if he installed it (which I know he has because I saw his machine), has it been officially activated? or is installing and registering/activating the software exclusive of each other?

If he has it installed on his machine and has used that that means that he has activated it and will need to fill out that form to have it transfered.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Thats right. He can Unregister it on the NI Support Section on the Website before he sells to you or he can fill out a 'Transfer Of Ownership Form' to transfer the registration from him to you.

The Seller must email/fax the form with his and your details on it.
    The form can be found on the NI website if you search the Forum for "Transfer Of Ownership'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast