Traktor tempo faders......

Default Traktor tempo faders......

So I usually dismiss this issue as something I shouldn't worry about/I don't have time to worry about it, but it's these late nights mixing where it starts to psis me off.

I have two songs, one at 110bpm, and the other at 108. 2bpm difference. Easy, that totally makes sense to mix, that 2bpm can't possibly make any difference. Right?
    Wrong.

Because that 108, as i use the tempo fader, will only go to either 110.2, or 109.6. Yeah, I could make the tempo range even smaller, but that means digging into settings to go change it, and then I might want a bigger range later on in the mix.

Traktor, why the **** is it that I cannot EVER get the tempos exact?!

Like am i just doing it wrong? Or is this the way it is? This just seems so silly.

Tech Wizard

First of all what are you using with Traktor Pro?
    Traktor Pro 2 | DDJ-T1 | DJM 800 | (2) Pioneer CDJ 1000 | Toshiba Satellite | Traktor Kontrol X1

SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-infernity

Mixtrack Pro, I know that's nothing professional but it can't matter that much with this sort of thing right?

Tech Mentor

Well I've got no Mixtrack, but Traktor's tempo faders sure are way more accurate than that So yeah, it very likely is just your Mixtrack's tempo faders having a too low resolution. Live with it, or buy a better controller.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Change the tempo settings? I always try to work with +/- 6%

Or just get as close as you can and nudge with the wheels. You can generally correct .1-.2 of a bpm pretty easily if you stay on top of it.

Traktor, why the **** is it that I cannot EVER get the tempos exact?!

Like am i just doing it wrong? Or is this the way it is? This just seems so silly.
    If you want to sync the tempos accurately but still practice manually nudging the tracks into phase, you can set the sync button to work in "Tempo Sync" mode. Ean wrote an article that explains this:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/2...-in-traktor-2/
    TEMPO SYNC:
    This option is also available in the MIDI options and not in the GUI.

Results: The tempo of the selected deck will immediately match the tempo of the master source without effecting phase.
    Pro: For a quick tempo match without any locking sync this is a great option for those that want to manually phase match but dont want to waste time tempo matching with the faders.
    Con: With this command alone you will still need to phase match by ear (recommended)

Tech Mentor

You're unlikely to ever get them perfect, even with high resolution faders. If you really don't want to just use tempo sync for whatever reason, right click on the "- +" buttons beneath the tempo fader and select "min." At that point you can use your tempo faders to get them close, then manually click plus or minus to get a more precise BPM.

Moral of the story: Just sync dat sh*t. As long as you set up the beatgrid correctly, it'll be perfect and you won't have to worry about tempo adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    You're unlikely to ever get them perfect, even with high resolution faders. If you really don't want to just use tempo sync for whatever reason, right click on the "- +" buttons beneath the tempo fader and select "min." At that point you can use your tempo faders to get them close, then manually click plus or minus to get a more precise BPM.

Moral of the story: Just sync dat sh*t. As long as you set up the beatgrid correctly, it'll be perfect and you won't have to worry about tempo adjusting.
    What's the smallest increment that you can set traktor to increase or decrease the bpm by when just using a button instead of controlling the value with a fader?
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    What's the smallest increment that you can set traktor to increase or decrease the bpm by when just using a button instead of controlling the value with a fader?
    0.01% change in BPM is achievable

To the original poster,

You can use your pitch fader to get close to the BPM and then map buttons or an endless encoder in your midi settings for fine pitch adjust. I have a 14 bit, 100 mm pitch fader on my controllers that gets within 0.04 of a beat with relative comfort. I then use an endless encoder for 0.01 bpm changes.

Extremely accurate and achievable on just about any controller