Kontrol S2 Not working...At all. Help!?
    Tech Convert

Default Kontrol S2 Not working...At all. Help!?

Hey, so totally brand new to the forum, totally brand new to DJing. (Wasn't sure what thread section to put this in, so I just stuck it here, if I need to move it somewhere just lemme know. I understand not wanting to see sorta...trivial-ish posts to begin with, especially in the wrong section)
    Yesterday, after a lot of research and "shopping" for months, I bought a Traktor Kontrol S2.

I have Traktor Pro 2 installed on my Mac Book Pro (2.7 GHz, Intel i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, on Lion 10.7.4) and everything installed smoothly. I've updated all the drivers and the downloaded all the new content/upgrades.

But my controller isn't working.

I turn on the S2, the lights all shine on and fade off (as I assume it's supposed to) and then the USB plug light blinks (even though it's plugged in already). If I turn it on then plug it in, the USB light usually doesn't flash (usually, but not always). In Traktor, it doesn't show that it's receiving any MIDI and the Controller indicator light is orange (again though...not always). I've gotten the controller's lights to randomly come on before by unplugging and plugging the controller back in (I know, really sophisticated stuff).

-I have audio setup set to Built In (Core-Audio)
    -Phono/Line says not supported
    -Mixing Mode is Internal
    -Output Master set to L: 1 Output L and R: 2 Output R

In the controller manager the Device Setup is set to Traktor. Kontrol S2. Default (None)
    ----(why the (none) is there, I have no idea) There is nothing to select for In-Port and I can't even try and change Out-Port

I don't know what to do...
    The .pdf manuals didn't help at all.
    I don't know if I'm over thinking things, or am just a total noob with this software (like inept) and am forgetting something.

Could it be the controller itself (or the cords...)?

I've gotten Traktor to receive MIDI ONCE, but the lights on the controller like froze up and I turned the jogwheel a bit to test it out and then the CTRL light in Traktor went back off....(the lights still froze on the controller so I turned it off)
    Last edited by ebrockelbank; 06-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Tech Convert

...still no progress. I haven't found anyone else with this same issue(s) either.

Have you tried out to use the import wizard thing? It will overwrite your settings, but i guess you as a newbie wont be too sad about it You can find it in your preferences in the down left corner. Just do what it says there.

Tech Convert

Yeah I did the setup wizard again, did everything prompted in there, and then did the import wizard again but nothing really happened. I did get a little pop-up message that blinked up really really fast and went away...
    the only thing that's changed is that the usb LED light now turns on and stays solid if I turn on the device while it's plugged in already (I know not really really significant, but it's a change)

Did you check the USB connector on the S2 itself?

If it's broken, give this a try:
    http://journal.ome-les.com/fixing-th...s2/2012/03/11/
    Last edited by tekki; 06-16-2012 at 04:28 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

Yeah I've looked into it. Seems fine to me, the orange separator was there and intact. I'm thinking about taking it back to guitar center to see if they can look at it...

Tech Convert

Ok so apparently I literally just had a dead controller. Now I've got a new one, and new serial codes and all...but they aren't working (unknown error 1021)...which is extremely annoying. O well. I've contacted NI support and should have that resolved by the end of the day.

Apart from that serial thing: great to hear!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --