30 Richest DJs - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 30 Richest DJs

Tech Mentor

No Laidback Luke? Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Fressure View Post
    No Laidback Luke? Interesting
    Why?

I'd hardly imagine him being anywhere near a list like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    I take that back, the only one that does surprise me is Darude. How the fuck is he worth that much?
    I second that.

Tech Guru

I still think the numbers are complete bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Publicservice View Post
    I second that.
    If you think about it actually makes sense.
    http://www.discogs.com/Darude-Sandstorm/master/132128

That's 20+ releases of the same single.... in an era without widespread musical piracy and people paying $5+ for CD Singles, $20 for vinyl etc etc.

Then there's licensing. The late 90s early 2000s was a golden era for commercially released mix CDs, that song probably featured on 100s.

Then there's the other related royalties from a song that was top 10 in nearly 10 countries, back when that actually equalled $$

Like people have pointed out, it's career earnings, Darude probably earnt most of his money from 1997-2001ish, now he'd just live off the endless stream of royalties a song like that would generate, shit he probably still releases crap people buy, or gets decent fees for DJing to nostalgic suckers.

But srsly, Judge Jules is absolute trash how the hell did he make this money...also on the website it says that those numbers are about 7 years old. Makes sense in Swedish 'house' Mafia's case they dont do ultra anymore they produce their own masquarde motel shows...they just did madison square gardens nd the milton keyes so they definetly have risen. And seriously people if you dont think that David Guetta is at the top of that list now after producing for everyone in the world and his own pop album i mean come on. the royalties that he probably got for 'I Got A Feeling' should put him way past this list.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    And seriously people if you dont think that David Guetta is at the top of that list now after producing for everyone in the world and his own pop album i mean come on. the royalties that he probably got for 'I Got A Feeling' should put him way past this list.
    Guetta doesn't write his own music, that would severely hamper his earnings. Song writing royalties are worth way more then performance, and even that would be split with the bigger names he gets to guest on songs, they probably command huge fees/slices of royalties. I doubt Usher, Nicki Minaj, Snoop etc would be lending their names/voices to songs without serious $$

and Judge Jules was HUGE in the 90s-2000s.... Even in Australia he used to headline shows. Quality doesn't matter at all in lists like this.

It's all about longevity for the guys at the top.

Seven years old? A third of the list haven't been around 7 years.

That said the numbers are probably wrong, but I doubt they order would be that wrong.

where is mark knight? i know he wouldnt be at the top barely making the list...but he's fairly sucessfull and toolroom must make him loads and loads of money no? surprisingly a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    where is mark knight? i know he wouldnt be at the top barely making the list...but he's fairly sucessfull and toolroom must make him loads and loads of money no? surprisingly a little bit
    You have a very very warped idea on how much money dance labels make if you think he'd be able to earn over $2 million from a boutique label.

At one point toolroom had 76 or something of the top 100 tracks on beatport. I just though Mark Knight would be fairly wealthy in house circles. I would have thought his booking fee would be kinda high as a house DJ goes.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast