Xone 92 + audio 6 + 2 kontrol x1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xone 92 + audio 6 + 2 kontrol x1

I'm moving my setup towards a mixer + x1 setup. Because I've become so interested in mixing trance and techno/tech house I'm really itching for the 4-band eq option on the xone 92. With the 92 + an audio 6, would i be able to play/record at least 3 decks? 4 decks is probably overkill but I'd like to do at least 3. Also, is there any huge benefit from getting an audio 6 instead of an audio 8? The reason I ask is because audio 8's are really easy to find cheap, used on ebay.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Good stuff in that thread. I would go 8 over 6, unless you really think you'll need that pass through feature on the 6.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Good stuff in that thread. I would go 8 over 6, unless you really think you'll need that pass through feature on the 6.
    I agree, definitely go Audio8 before Audio6. More reliable!
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Though i've heard there were a lot of driver/latency problems with the audio4/8? Has a lot of that been fixed, and are they reliable?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KryticalH!T View Post
    Though i've heard there were a lot of driver/latency problems with the audio4/8? Has a lot of that been fixed, and are they reliable?
    You'll almost never see someone log onto a forum and say their Audio 4/8 is working perfectly.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Audio 8 is ace. Had one when I used a 96 and it was very flexible setup. Can't be certain but the audio 6 should be able to handle 3 channels and a record into Traktor.

Tech Wizard

My Audio 4 is working absolutely fine with my Windows based machine.

It is probably worth mentioning the computer I own has a 51 page thread on the NI forum dedicated to solving audio problems. If Traktor + Audio 4/8 work on my computer I am sure they can work on yours too

Maybe I should expand on my laconic post. Never had a problem with my Audio8, never heard of problems with an Audio8. Audio6 on the other hand I've seen problems (sound cutting out, replugging necessary to continue playback) which my friends with the Audio6 actually could replicate by holding a mobile phone close to the interface while it was in use. Might be a problem that is only there when you run it purely on USB-bus power. I don't know. But I'd choose the Audio8 in any case
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Don't mean to hijack this thread. But i'm doing the same and I got a couple of questions please.
    I've purchased the audio 8 T scratch setup. With xone 62

Will I be able to have the loop recorder on one channel using aux send return, with sample decks c/d through another and decks a/b each with their own channels? That's the plan. Will it work?

Thanks
    Last edited by zimfella; 06-12-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling :o
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast