Any Denon DN-X1600 mixer users...Need input before buying....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any Denon DN-X1600 mixer users...Need input before buying....

I am potentially buying a Denon DN-x1600 mixer for use at home to replace my functional, but largely useless Numark M6 mixer. I mainly use Traktor with an X1, a Xone:K2 as my internal mixer controller etc., and now the new F1. I recently have branched out to add 2 CDJs for practice at home to give me extra versatility. After a lot of research it looks to me like the dn-x1600 meets most of what I want:

• 4 Channels
    • Built-in 4 Stereo In/Out USB Sound Card
    • FX Send/Return
    • Full-Kill Isolator EQs
    • Matrix Input
    • MIDI Mappable
    • Built-in digital FX
    • Sub $1,000 price-tag

What's missing for me: dedicated Filter is the major issue. A 2nd FX engine would be nice...but sends the price through the roof. The DN-x1700 is just a bit beyond my reach as are the Pioneer mixers, and the Xone: DB2 and DB4 are just ridiculous $$$.

I briefly considered picking up a used Xone:42 and a Pioneer RMX-1000, but the built-in soundcard and MIDI mappable surface of the DN-x1600 just seems to provide more flexibility. I want to use this for both Traktor and CDJs, so I want maximum flexibility for minimum $$$...I still may want to pick up an RMX-1000

So my question is this: any DN-x1600 users out there, how do you like it? worth the investment? any regrets?
    Also, any other mixer recommendations?

Or...talk me down from the ledge and tell me to spend my money on something else...
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Very, very well built mixer I think you'll be happy. I ended up selling mine looking more towards a DB mixer, but That is in no way a reflection in the quality of the 1600.

Check back a few months in the buy/sell section here. Someone had a 1700 for sale if they still have it they might be willing to deal. Less midi on the 1700 though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Very, very well built mixer I think you'll be happy. I ended up selling mine looking more towards a DB mixer, but That is in no way a reflection in the quality of the 1600.

Check back a few months in the buy/sell section here. Someone had a 1700 for sale if they still have it they might be willing to deal. Less midi on the 1700 though.
    Thanks for the info. My impression is that the 1600 is a pretty nice mixer, but my impression is based more on research than on use...can't find one locally to play with.

I'll have to think about the 1700. All other things being equal (namely the $$$), the tradeoff in the 1700 is less MIDI for one more FX engine is a toss up for me...I would probably go for the 1700 as the ability to have different FX for different channels is nice...or have one FX engine routed to Send/Return (e.g., RMX1000) and the other for the internal FX...

I'll check the buy/sell section and see what the status is.

Just saw a nearly mint 1700 on ebay for $1,000 but auction ends in 4 hours...too much pressure...what to do?!?! ughhh

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    I am potentially buying a Denon DN-x1600 mixer for use at home to replace my functional, but largely useless Numark M6 mixer. I mainly use Traktor with an X1, a Xone:K2 as my internal mixer controller etc., and now the new F1. I recently have branched out to add 2 CDJs for practice at home to give me extra versatility. After a lot of research it looks to me like the dn-x1600 meets most of what I want:

• 4 Channels
    • Built-in 4 Stereo In/Out USB Sound Card
    • FX Send/Return
    • Full-Kill Isolator EQs
    • Matrix Input
    • MIDI Mappable
    • Built-in digital FX
    • Sub $1,000 price-tag

What's missing for me: dedicated Filter is the major issue. A 2nd FX engine would be nice...but sends the price through the roof. The DN-x1700 is just a bit beyond my reach as are the Pioneer mixers, and the Xone: DB2 and DB4 are just ridiculous $$$.

I briefly considered picking up a used Xone:42 and a Pioneer RMX-1000, but the built-in soundcard and MIDI mappable surface of the DN-x1600 just seems to provide more flexibility. I want to use this for both Traktor and CDJs, so I want maximum flexibility for minimum $$$...I still may want to pick up an RMX-1000

So my question is this: any DN-x1600 users out there, how do you like it? worth the investment? any regrets?
    Also, any other mixer recommendations?

Or...talk me down from the ledge and tell me to spend my money on something else...
    I had a 1600 mixer for almost two years, sold it when I bought my MC6000, still kicking myself for that.
    I won't go over all the features as I'm sure you know them already. But I'll mention that the adjustable Flex Fader is really nice, if you scratch. If you want a better mixer, you'll have to spend more money.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    I had a 1600 mixer for almost two years, sold it when I bought my MC6000, still kicking myself for that.
    I won't go over all the features as I'm sure you know them already. But I'll mention that the adjustable Flex Fader is really nice, if you scratch. If you want a better mixer, you'll have to spend more money.
    Thanks for the input. I may go with the 1700 if I can get a good deal...otherwise it will be the 1600...I have not heard anything yet that would convince me otherwise

I mainly use Traktor with an X1, a Xone:K2 as my internal mixer controller etc., and now the new F1.
    Just saw a nearly mint 1700 on ebay for $1,000 but auction ends in 4 hours...too much pressure...what to do?!?! ughhh
    With an X1, K2 and an F1 I really don't think you'll miss Midi on the mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

With an X1, K2 and an F1 I really don't think you'll miss Midi on the mixer.
    Agreed. I will likely go for the 1700....I may adjust my setup to only use the X1 and F1...the K2 was acting as my internal midi mixer at home and when I am out...so I don't think I will be using it too much at home with a new mixer.

Let me know if you want to sell that K2
    Chris Jennings FHP

Let me know if you want to sell that K2
    I'll keep that in mind....for now I still will use it away from home sometimes. Actually, when I travel, I take my X1, K2, my headphones and an X-mini mini USB speaker for a fairly lean setup and do mixes in my hotel room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast