Bestfest dj competition mix

Default Bestfest dj competition mix

TRACKIST

1.SWANKY TUNES & HARD ROCK SOFA-I WANNA BE YOUR DOG
    //GESFFELSTEIN-CONTROL MOVEMENT
    2.BREAKAGE-TELEPATHY
    3-FLUX PAVILLION &EXAMPLE-DAYDREAMER(JACKBEATS RMIX)
    4-DUBVISION-ALL BY SELF
    //FRENCH FRIES-YO VOGUE
    5-TROLLEY SNATCHA -GIVE UP
    6-AFROJACK LIKE MIKE DIMITRY VEGAS-THE WAY WE SEE THE WORLD
    7-NT89-TYME(DJEDJOTRONIC REMIX)
    8-WOLFGANG GARNTER- THERE AND BACK
    // AZARI & III - RECKLESS WITH YOUR LOVE (TENSNAKE REMIX)

Great energy throughout your set man! I don't have a mixcloud account so I am commenting here...

A few comments from my end:
    -Your mashup of " I Wanna Be Your Dog" and Control Movement... It's great to sometimes overlay the breakdown of two tracks (this creates additional tension if both tracks complement each other) but I am not a big fan of having the drops coincide.. Also when you cut out "Control Movement" in the middle, there is a noticeable DROP in energy.... I do not recommend this on a dancefloor... Just a word of caution
    -I really like your transition between "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "Control Movement" --> using filters is great! Although once again the energy level drops... I would cut off the first song directly into the breakdown of the next song
    -When you mix in the vocals of All By Self" w/ the breakdown of "Daydreamer" there is a noticeable key clash...
    -Oooh great mix btwn "Give Up" and "The Way We See The World" --> but would recommend cutting off "Give Up" when the drop of "The Way We See The World" comes in. You can always sneak up and reintroduce the "Give up" loop afterwards in the track to add extra energy
    -Nice mashup of "There and Back" and "Reckless With Your Love"!

Overall great effort man! Keep up the good work!

Would be great if you could leave some comments on my mix. Thanks a bunch!

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=53539
    actionPak | Traktor Kontrol S4 | Seoul, Korea | http://www.soundcloud.com/actionpak | djactionpak@gmail.com

thax for your comments man

just quick answer from me

I do like to break standars mate. & i like to mix with DOUBLE DROPS AND TEASES <IT GIVES YOUR MIX "ENTARTAINY LOOK " AND KEEP THE LISTENER IN A PRESSURE AND WILLING TO hEAR WHATS GONNA BE NEXT

2 I ALWAYS watch MY METERS (TRUST ME THE THOSE DOUBLE DROPS WOULD SOUND SIK in a club WOULD KILL ANYONE ON A DANCEFLOOR EVEN HATERS GONNA DANCE

as for the transiotons between tracks (its just your vision ) honestly saying u can make a lot of trasiation variations ,those were made on a fly ,& i do really like them, honestly saying transiotions depends on a crowd reaction to your mix ,so u have to think fast how em should be .this mix was made in bedroom ,so this variant is GREAT

there is no key clash mate (its just sound trick wich i found very cool coz i bring back daydremer back to show that it was just "TRICK") i hope u noticed that daydreamer were on a background with all by myself .

by the way u can join this comp too !
    thanks again for you review & for giving your opinion (it
    Last edited by kindafunky; 06-13-2012 at 10:46 AM.

what did you use for this mix, i mean what software/equipment, i really like how that filter swooshes..

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    what did you use for this mix, i mean what software/equipment, i really like how that filter swooshes..
    i dont use any software ,it was mixed using 2 cdj 1000mk3 and allen & heath mixer xone 62 , the filters are built into xone man

u can check more videos how i roll