Anyone esle made the switch back to 1.2.7?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone esle made the switch back to 1.2.7?

Ok after so many problems with traktor scratch pro 2.5 i have made the switch back to tsp 1.2.7 untill my serato box gets here.

And i could not be happier its so much more stable,and frankly i never used the sample decks or the remix decks and much prefer having 4 decks,so i ain't missing anything.

So anyone else gone back?

I went back till my s4 arrived, never had any problems with 2.1, still havent got 2.5.

Use serato more than i do traktor anyway..
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

yeah 2.1 was great but i don't no what it is,i just prefer 1.2.7 but i cant wait till i can switch to serato and tell NI to go do one.

serato's vinyl is 100x nicer as well,

But for a pair of promo whites your looking at £400, and tittsworth whites are about £100 a pair,

red/blue/purp/clear are the only colours youll get at retail.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Haven't went back but did consider it. I got 2.1 stable but then upgraded to Lion and it crapped out on me. But got it stable with Lion and 2.5..

Still contemplating the shift to Serato but i have questions about it before i do the move. Just need answers to be honest.

Tech Mentor

I went back, just no point to have the remix decks without an F1 or until NI releases the midi commands to control the remix decks with any controller.

If you're going to spin control vinyl and just use your laptop as a record box, then Serato scratch live is definitely the way to go. If you want to do ANYTHING beyond that, unfortunately Traktor is still the best, despite being embarrassingly bad at programming, and now officially having the douchiest business model in the software music industry.

Although I have been looking into the new VDJ, oddly enough... It's starting to look like it might not be a joke any more. They have proven at this point to be FAR superior programmers compared to the asshats at NI, and their design is actually catching up quick. VDJ8 looks leaps and bounds beyond traktor as far as features go.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    Ok after so many problems with traktor scratch pro 2.5 i have made the switch back to tsp 1.2.7 untill my serato box gets here.

And i could not be happier its so much more stable,and frankly i never used the sample decks or the remix decks and much prefer having 4 decks,so i ain't missing anything.

So anyone else gone back?
    There were certain changes Native Instruments made with the later versions that I never liked. So I sticked with 1.27

Quote Originally Posted by faderswagger View Post

Although I have been looking into the new VDJ, oddly enough... It's starting to look like it might not be a joke any more. They have proven at this point to be FAR superior programmers compared to the asshats at NI, and their design is actually catching up quick. VDJ8 looks leaps and bounds beyond traktor as far as features go.
    If you use high quality audio files using Virtual DJ would be taking a step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by faderswagger View Post
    If you want to do ANYTHING beyond that, unfortunately Traktor is still the best,
    Disagree. Seratos sp6 sampler, cue points and fx do what they should just perfectly and compliment the fine DVS control very well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast