Second Batch VCI100 SE's - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Hey burndownthediscos, I was in the first batch - can't remember the exact figure but it was just under £40 I had to pay! basically V.A.T + an £8 handling charge.

Quote Originally Posted by burndownthediscos View Post
    hi guys can any uk owners of 1st batch confirm customs charge I'm being asked for £89!!!!
    Thats a mistake

I was charged for £31 VAT + a £8 Handling charge

I would get them to break the cost down for you before you pay anything

Sounds like they may have stuffed some extra charges on there, may be they think it's a device with audio circuitry which it is isn't, it is classed as a USB input device.

it falls under the TARIC Code 847160 (Computer Input/Output devices) These devices have a ZERO % tariff in the EU, so you should be charged for just the VAt like me.

I would ring the helpline for Customs duties, excise and VAT: 0845 010 9000 on what to do, you may have to pay then claim it back.
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Finally got mine (July24th)

Well it really was in the city on the 21st, don't understand what took so long to send me details on how to pick it up at the post office (to pay TAX), but whatever its here. The kicker is by the time I picked it up and set it up after work, I was called back into work, do to issues. Just my lucky...

Its late, played with it, loveeeeee it and I need to get back to work in the morning. I just wanted to say thank you Mr. Golden for all your hard work and all the people at Vestax.

Tech Wizard

Cheers for the info guys i got it sorted £56.

£14 "clearance fee" from parcelforce the rest VAT charged on the value and postage cost declared at posting, which i'm guessing, was marked higher than the 1st batch ($400 and 9000yen)

I'm just chuffed i can go get the thing tomorrow.

Anybody in London ? i think we should have an VCI100SE party sometime soon. Maybe organise a club night or something.

I'm off to Japan in April and fully intend to visit vestax and say thanks.

All my thanks though to Mr Golden if you are ever in London i owe you many many many pints

Quote Originally Posted by DaTomBomb View Post
    there was a problem with the paperwork

you have to mail your EMS number and your proof of payment to info@taxipost.be

that's all
    I hope...
    Did that, no answer back.

So I called ABX logistics (02 5566602) today. They said they sent me a letter last Friday. They told me to send the receipt to wpc@abxlogistics.be and put a number they gave me over the phone in the subject line.

That's all, I hope ; )!

Tech Wizard

This morning I was able to pick up my package at the local customs office. They made me pay 19% VAT + 3.9% tax (they figured it was DJ equipment instead of computer equipment (which has zero % tax)).

I'm more than keen to connect the VCI-100 SE to my computer later today.

A special thanks to Ean for his latest effort to provide the documents I needed to clear our very bureaucratic customs (some things will NEVER change in Germany ).

Quote Originally Posted by franvis View Post
    Did that, no answer back.

So I called ABX logistics (02 5566602) today. They said they sent me a letter last Friday. They told me to send the receipt to wpc@abxlogistics.be and put a number they gave me over the phone in the subject line.

That's all, I hope ; )!
    I've received a mail that they are working on it... let's hope so

got mine today.
    yay!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678