Hiring a Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hiring a Manager

Recently I have hired a manager to get me gigs at clubs in toronto. It has been a good experience. Since hiring him 2 months ago he has gotten me 9 gigs, which is great for me since i had only done about 5 gigs in six months without him. I was just wondering if anyone has experiences with someone managing their dj career and what type of pay you think they deserve.. Right now i pay him %25 percent of the gig and if the gig pays $200 or under he doesnt get a fee, which has happened on two of the gigs.

Let me know your thoughts!

I recently picked up a manager myself and it's helped heaps. Just make sure that you both are on the same page with how you want the career to go as now it's a collaborative effort and you are essentially the frontman for a promotion team. I only pay my manager if he was the one that got me the booking and at that point we agree on percentage depending on how much work was done to get it sorted and kept in line.

My manager also gives me feedback on my mixing and we try to contour the sound together. It always helps to have another pair of ears a.

How do you get a manager?
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

i smell the beginning of an FAQ
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Wizard

at the moment i'm in search of a proper manager. but that's really hard to find.
    tell us more about yourself, your carreer and your search of manager Bangers.
    cheers!

I got the manager through a guy I knew who owns a promotion company. He throws tons of events, some small some big. So when he needs somebody he usually calls me first, he also has tons of hookups looking for dj's here and there. I'd suggest hiring a manager who is well known in the club community.

Tech Mentor

damien, I've been considering getting a manager for the last month, how did you meet this guy, what kind of legs does he have around LA?

hit me with some info if you dont mind helping out.

I met this guy at House when it was still going on and we both stuck out like a sore thumb like junglists in a predominantly gay club. we got to talking and one thing led to another and now we're doing business. As for legs, we're still climbing but through combining our contacts, we're expanding the network and that's really what it's all about a?

Tech Mentor

good work.

do you know anything about the "innovate" DnB monthly, I'm moving to a loft with a rehearsal studio in it this weekend and the guy I'm renting from is supposed to be friends with the promoter, they had a party at some place called the dragonfly or the dragon something on wed, ever heard of it?

Tech Mentor

Hmmn I might have to explore this option, since I cant seem to get any gigs in NYC. So many DJs who shouldnt be DJing but are since they know people.

Anyone know any managers in NYC? How would I find one?
    Last edited by DJ_Animus; 05-28-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to say something else
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast