VCI-100 Midi customizing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 Midi customizing

So everytime Ean comes out with a new video or tutorial on some cool thing that the SE does or that he can do with his customized VCI, I try to replicate it with my stock VCI-100. So far I've got something like this..

Page 1 - Original VCI-100 controls

Page 2
    - Fx on jog wheels and volume faders, everything else the same

Page 3 - 6 Cue points on each deck, volume fader fx, and the rest the same

Page 4 - Original VCI-100 controls but running decks C and D in Traktor

Anyone else working on perfecting their own MIDI setup? Any ideas or hints onto what works best for switching pages or whatever?

could you post your .tks file

Tech Convert

I will for sure as soon as i finish perfecting it. probably sometime this weekend or next week i will

First up great job, i am interested in checking out your mappings

My advice would be to forget Traktor pages and use Bomes midi pro and its presets - which are basically Traktor pages on steroids. I personally use only a single Traktor page without compromising at all on functionality(quite the opposite actually).

If you take the time to really nut out the program while always thinking to yourself "whats the easiest way to achieve something without compromising on functionality" your speed at creating these midi presets will increase and so will their power

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to your .tks-file but as of now, I've got a problem with midi-pages inside of Traktor.

To switch to a midi-page I creat a hotkey but the only control-type I can choose from is "Hold" so I have to hold my hotkey to activate and control the effect.
    I rather want to press the hotkey, then all I do will be in midi-page 2,3 or 4 and if I press another button again it should switch back to midi-page 1.

Otherwise it is really hard to do the Jog-Wheel FX thing (hold a button on the keyboard + play with the jog-wheel + modify the effect via pitch-fader + do other random stuff = 1 arm too few)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Alim Doener View Post
    I'm really looking forward to your .tks-file but as of now, I've got a problem with midi-pages inside of Traktor.

To switch to a midi-page I creat a hotkey but the only control-type I can choose from is "Hold" so I have to hold my hotkey to activate and control the effect.
    I rather want to press the hotkey, then all I do will be in midi-page 2,3 or 4 and if I press another button again it should switch back to midi-page 1.

Otherwise it is really hard to do the Jog-Wheel FX thing (hold a button on the keyboard + play with the jog-wheel + modify the effect via pitch-fader + do other random stuff = 1 arm too few)
    I have my page switches set up on the balance knobs, for instance, if both Deck A and Deck B are set to balance left, it will be page one. Then if even the slightest turn to the right of Deck A's balance knob will engage and hold page 2 until i turn it back to the left. Deck B's will do the same except for Page 3. Of course, i lose the control of balance for my mix, but i never really used it as much as i use the different pages now. As for that Page 4 with Decks C and D, I will probably put it on the monitor select pot on the top right.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to accomplish staying on a page, but its working for me so far...
    VCI-100
    Stanton T.90
    Behringer Eurorack UB1202
    Black MacBook with OSx 10.5.2

To switch pages using a hold action you have to manually change the assigment in the TKS using a text or XML editor. Its possible but not in traktor, please post that TKS would love to share it with people. :-)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just as a note, I was setting my pages to "toggle" in my notepad and on page 4 things just went to crap and I got wicked bad MIDI feedback. Not everyone has this problem, but I'm not the only one.

Right now I only use two MIDI pages, thanks for my multitude of gear. Page 1 is decks A&B, inner jog wheel controls effects, pitch fader controls effect knob 2, padkontrol 1 controls deck A and 2 controls Deck B cues 1-6, has cue/pause and cue/play, sync toggle, pitch up and down... I had pitch bend but for some reason my PK 2 was sending random messages while I was spinning and holding the pitch down button. I dunno why. so in the interest of expediency I just took it off. Will probably replace with beat jump or something. :-)

I use a footswitch to change MIDI pages (best way for me) to switch everything to control Decks C&D. Oh, and the loop buttons have changed. Top white button duplicates Deck A to C and reverse on page 1 and 2 respectively, button button duplicated B to D and reverse respectively. Bottom two black buttons change loop length up and down, can't remember what the top two do, but I'll probably be changing them soon :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

could you please post this .tks file

LoLz... I do not have to switch pages, I just switch presets with my controller.

By the way, who's that problem coming along now DA? Still no clue, or did it had to deal with some crazy interface mixups of traktor and bomes?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast