Too funny! WARNING though, this might be offensive to you. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

Hey guys,

I'm really glad to see some good reactions on this. I can agree with some of these statements.

I've been a punk fan since the late 80's and I still love punk music. Mostly because I found it was about angry rebellion (music, political, etc.) In one word, anarchy. Punk, to me, had a message.

I'm also a Rollins fan. I don't always agree with him and the things he says, but I think his purpose in his rants are to get people thinking and to look at the world differently. I'm sure the guy could care less about what you really though of him.

If we could comment more on the message behind his rant I think this thread will be pretty awesome.

I really haven't been to a concert or club lately where the performers just wrecked the fuck out of everything and everyone...no drugs or weapons needed. We weren't afraid of getting shot or stabbed by punching a guy in the face either. It was fun. I can't describe a punk concert in just words, but this is the best I can do. You just had to experience it.

Most of the music these days really does sound the same to me.
    Last edited by Rexx; 06-19-2012 at 11:46 PM.

FUCKKKKK THATS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx View Post
    I've been a punk fan since the late 80's and I still love punk music. Mostly because I found it was about angry rebellion (music, political, etc.) In one word, anarchy. Punk, to me, had a message.
    Maybe I'm too young, but when I was a youth all the kids playing punk were the ones that weren't capable of playing anything that required technical competence. The guitarists couldn't shred a guitar, the bassists couldn't get outside of playing 1/8th notes following the root of the guitar chord, the drummers couldn't blast or groove, and the singers couldn't sing. Hell, it seems like every once in a while I'm playing with a band and we get billed with a "punk" band and the same still holds true.

I don't think I'm a snob, I just don't think punk music requires a high level of talent, and on the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal as long as people enjoy it. I just don't think it's very legit for a singer from a now defunct punk band to be taking pot shots at other musicians and they're supposed amount of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    Maybe I'm too young, but when I was a youth all the kids playing punk were the ones that weren't capable of playing anything that required technical competence. The guitarists couldn't shred a guitar, the bassists couldn't get outside of playing 1/8th notes following the root of the guitar chord, the drummers couldn't blast or groove, and the singers couldn't sing. Hell, it seems like every once in a while I'm playing with a band and we get billed with a "punk" band and the same still holds true.

I don't think I'm a snob, I just don't think punk music requires a high level of talent, and on the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal as long as people enjoy it. I just don't think it's very legit for a singer from a now defunct punk band to be taking pot shots at other musicians and they're supposed amount of talent.

funny. you sound exactly like those who put down DJ's today.

>

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    Sorry that I don't rank bands like Black Flag on par with guys like Govan or Waggoner, it has nothing to do with being a DJ or not.

Call me what you will but punk rock guitarists and "incredible" do not go together, I can't find any Black Flag videos that showcase anything that I could call technically challenging. Perhaps I'm missing something, but if your going to call out a band for relying on power chords, you better make sure that you don't fall under the same umbrella.

Damn It !!! I forgot about those two legends Govan and Waggoner !

This isn't a Guitar God discussion. If it was, I would raise you Vito Bratta.

You are in timeout dude.

>
    Last edited by loverocket; 06-20-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Damn It !!! I forgot about those two legends Govan and Waggoner !

This isn't a Guitar God discussion. If it was, I would raise you Vito Bratta.

You are in timeout dude.

>
    If you turn yourself 180 degrees and walk a few miles you will find the point I was trying to make... a mediocre musician has no place making fun of other mediocre musicians. If you want to read any further into it than that you can be my guest.

Was not offended, but I didn't find it funny either. Not my type of comedian
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123