Why should I get a midifighter and what can I do with it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

if you aren't having vivid dream involving you rocking the socks out of a party with one, then its probably not for you
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    and to deckard0815: if this question give you a reason to consider about leaving, then please feel free to do so. sorry man but it´s sentences like this that give our forums a bad rep. if you don´t feel the question, just don´t contribute to the thread...just saying man
    My reasoning for this harsh comment is that this forum seem's to be getting full of questions that could easily be answered by using A. the search feature, B. reading the product description and C. maybe looking at a few of Ean Goldens's Videos.
    I readily admit i'm being a grouch with this. I'm just seeing quite a few questions on here that could easily be answered by a little groundwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    if you aren't having vivid dream involving you rocking the socks out of a party with one, then its probably not for you
    As a child of the 80's arcade generation I can feel this. The form factor alone makes me drool

I really like mine... When I got set up with a two channel controller, now mapped to four channels, I was longing for something to aid in controlling the extra features of traktor. I'm running the Deckalized Instant Gratification hybrid mapping most of the time, the rest of the time is a basic four deck cue point juggling map. The Deckalized Instant Gratification map allows me to cue point juggle and control effects on one deck at a time, which goes a long way to adding things like accapellas chopped up, or create a build up, stagger the beat using the beat masher on a loop that I'm continuously mixing, as well as have a gater, distortion, filter sweep, and echo freeze effect at my finger tips. Really powerful and expressive with great response time, I can always hit the 1/4 or 1/8 note I'm aiming to grab, when I can't it is me having an off day.
    I was missing buttons in my gear, the MF classic has a bunch of them in a small space, so it solved a bunch of issues with one piece of kit. I play doubles of a track a lot to make a live remix, which I wouldn't be doing with as much control with out it. I can't see a way to be dropping Devo into drum and bass with out it, a ton of fun.
    I'm a fanboy though, and it was what was missing in a digital set up for me. Your mileage may vary, or it may influence your style.

Tech Convert

It should also be mentioned the buttons are not velocity sensitive...so if you are looking for a drumpad type application this may not be for you. It can be used as one, but it will lack the expression of a dedicated pad. For some people this is a deal breaker.

When i had my S4, the MF+S4 Buddy mapping was a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynugget View Post
    It should also be mentioned the buttons are not velocity sensitive...so if you are looking for a drumpad type application this may not be for you. It can be used as one, but it will lack the expression of a dedicated pad. For some people this is a deal breaker.

When i had my S4, the MF+S4 Buddy mapping was a godsend.
    That's great to know.

My question is what are the advantages of it performance wise over let's say the most basic and cost affordable MPD16, m-audio trigger finger (both available for $40 used), or really even the higher end drum pad controllers?

Is the tacticle satisfaction really great?

I'm wondering what makes it appealing over other similar 4x4 concepts. Seen one weakness with not being sensitivity. Are there any other positives towards tight dj specific integration, and the fact that it just looks so cool.

edit: Not in anyway implying it is a rip off. Not many other controllers in comparable price ranges that I know of that let you customize it and truly send you a product unique to yourself! Props to djtechtools on that

Tech Wizard

If you have to ask this question, then you don't need it.
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Quote Originally Posted by mfuchs19 View Post
    If you have to ask this question, then you don't need it.
    and this, good sir, is the most stupid answer.
    -1000 internets for you!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

You can also map it to a DAW and us it like Maschine.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    and this, good sir, is the most stupid answer.
    -1000 internets for you!
    No, I was serious. Only buy something that you know you will be able to fully utilize and make great sets with. If you are asking why you should buy one, then you're probably better off with a different piece of kit. When it comes to spending money, the way I look at it is since its my hard earned cash, I only want to buy something if it will totally be worth it for me and if other people have to convince me to get it, then its probably not the right think. I don't think your response needed to be as brash as it was. I understand that people may disagree, but I want to know why. I accept that our views differ, but explain to me the way you see it and maybe my opinion will change for the better. I'm always open to new ideas, I just don't like it when people smash other people without explaining themselves. It's a great piece of kit with many uses, but IMO if you have to ask others what you would use it for, you might not need it. Cheers! No hard feelings I hope, just explaining myself.
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast