YoshiExcel Presents: Chromatic_04 (Melodic Drum and Bass)

Default YoshiExcel Presents: Chromatic_04 (Melodic Drum and Bass)

Been a while, but here is the new mix in the Chromatic series with more melodic goodness
    for your listening pleasure. This time around I focused on trying to squeeze in a few more tracks, and mixing a bit faster. I did feel the need to keep a few tracks play longer, but it fit the
    overall pace quite well. You may or may not know, but melodic d&b is a serious pain to mix
    properly, mostly due to mixing in Key. Most tracks have quite a bit going on and even if the Key matches, it may not go well with the next track so there was alot of transitions where I
    just had to either cut in really fast, delay out or loop out a section.

The track selection was planned out, and chosen very carefully. I tried to throw in a few more dancefloor type tracks along with my signature style of melodic and "bouncy"/happy dnb. Worked out better than expected. From the beautiful Budapest Morning you pretty much get the feel of how the whole mix is going to be like, there are alot of solid tracks and treasures here that will probably never make it to a dancefloor and its a shame too. Maybe that will one day change if I ever get a chance to play out . =) Enjoy guys!

Kelle & Juha - Budapest Morning [Liquid Brilliants]
    Joman - Static (InContext Remix) [Velcro City Records] 3:15
    Seven Lions Feat. Shaz Sparks - Below Us (Smooth's DnB Remix) [Viper Recordings] 5:28
    Dushi - Canderel [Technique Recordings] 8:22
    JFI Feat. Veela - Target [Dirt, Lies & Audio Black] 13:15
    Roland Sandor, deScADOS - Make Me (Phonon Remix) [Crossbase Records] 15:57
    Switch Fusion, Shamoniks - Diamond Cutter [Mindstorm Records]**Clip from PH - Nice One [Liquid Brilliants] 18:07/19:34
    John B, Kristy Hawkshaw - Connected [Beta Recordings] 22:18
    Patchen - Drift [Unsigned....Damn Shame Too...] 27:49
    NuTone - Bleeper [Hospital Records] 33:03
    Bustrexx - Talisman [Subsphere Records] 34:52
    Pendulum - Witchcraft (John B Remix) [Yeah...Not Putting The Label Here..] 37:45
    Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Stuxnet Remix) [Free Download] 41:01
    Poison, Rdubz - Deep Souls [Zimbalam] 44:38
    Mcleod, Gusta - All We Have [Venemous Musik] 46:27
    Cinematic - Structure [Icon] 48:58
    Sigurt - Into My Eyes [Liquid Brilliants] 51:30
    Indivision - Motion Blur [Free Download] 54:02
    Octowave - Overnight [CL-Audio Records] 55:50
    Bustrexx - Remember These Times [Dirt, Lies & Audio Black] 57:39
    Echo Inada - Dream [Propa Talent] 59:27
    Last edited by YoshiExcel; 06-18-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Looks interesting mate! I haven't heard many of these on the tl, it'll be an education!

Why no download though? I cant stream at work
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Looks interesting mate! I haven't heard many of these on the tl, it'll be an education!

Why no download though? I cant stream at work
    Thanks for the interest Flash! Sorry, did not notice downloads were disabled, fixed.

tracklist looks nice. playing and downloading right now.

and now my roommate is coming into my room, asking for a cigarette and dances out. he likes the sound, i guess i will too.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

very tight mix mate. You can tell you put your heart into this and considered the entire track selection carefully.
    I'm not familiar with most of the tracks on here, (I've grown a bit distant from dancefloor and drumstep) I couldn't pick out a single mix/keyclash.

Damn fine work

My only suggestion, food for thought might be a better phrase, would be to change up styles/sub-genres a bit more. There were several parts that felt like you were pushing the mix in a new direction but then came back to similar sounding dancefloor dnb. Whilst theres nothing wrong with that, its also nice to be taken on a journey of mixed emotion
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    very tight mix mate. You can tell you put your heart into this and considered the entire track selection carefully.
    I'm not familiar with most of the tracks on here, (I've grown a bit distant from dancefloor and drumstep) I couldn't pick out a single mix/keyclash.

Damn fine work

)
    Wow thanks, means alot coming from you, one of the more respected D&B guys here. I have taken your advice from a while back on how to improve my mixes. As for mixing in key, always =D, thats like my biggest thing while mixing and it's something I cant stand when people Key Clash.

As far as changing up genres, I try not to do it too much with the Chromatic series. This is actually the first one where I went a little more dancefloor. I'll keep experimenting on what else could work though. Thanks for the tip! I wonder if this would be a good Promo mix i could send out to local guys here...

Thanks man, loved it. I know next to nothing about DnB, been trying to get into it more. This helped a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    Wow thanks, means alot coming from you, one of the more respected D&B guys here.
    Stop it, youre making me blush!

I wonder if this would be a good Promo mix i could send out to local guys here...
    For a dnb only night I'd say give it a shot! Dnb heads are a picky bunch though and you need to pick the right night to hand the mix into. Theres not much point in giving that mix to the jungle headz, they can be elitist arse holes.
    Either way it'll be good for you to get out there and give out a few mixes, make yourself known