Traktor + producing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I own Maschine and S4 (with Traktor, of course ) and I really like Maschine is that easy to handle. With it being so well-structured it will become a part of your body after a few hours of learning. You will probably spend lots of time with it, experience masses of great moments and nice little surprises and finally end up marrying it
    But beware! Using Maschine could lead to a new pricey hobby: Music production!

Just to be complete: Two other options could be:
    -Ableton Live with controller (requires some preparation to achieve your goals...)
    -analog gear
    But considering costs, easiness of use and the number of possibilities the decision should be made...

Tech Wizard

yeah. I think I'm going to go with maschine.

I actually work at guitar center and some dude brought it in because of a problem so i got to open it up and go through it. It seems perfect for what I'm trying to do. step sequencer and all.. I jsut need to know if it syncs to traktor well

You have to beat-match it once per session (MIDI clock offset) to get the metronomes lined up and then as long your beat grids are perfect, so is it.

Quote Originally Posted by phloston View Post
    yeah. I think I'm going to go with maschine.
    And you probably won't regret

Quote Originally Posted by phloston View Post
    I actually work at guitar center and some dude brought it in because of a problem so i got to open it up and go through it. It seems perfect for what I'm trying to do. step sequencer and all.. I just need to know if it syncs to traktor well
    I'm on Win7 and use LoopBe (see here how it works: http://www.traktorbible.com/de/t2_ma...midi_sync.aspx. When using an external soundcard you can do it like the guys from dubspot: http://blog.dubspot.com/how-to-synch...orial-by-endo/
    For me sync works quite solid. According to Maschine's bpm display the received midi clock signal sometimes seem to be quite unstable and you might get crazy when not stopping to look at the display but musically I never experienced that audio ran out of sync.

I have a maschine and x1. I was in the same boat as u two months ago and bought the naschine, has totally changed the way I djed, in a good way. I personally hate the midi click thing and just prefer to beat match them 100% manually, but either way works fine.

Tech Wizard

sounds good guys. I'm really excited to get maschine now. hopefully by next paycheck.

too bad you have to sync them each time though. why can't it be like rewire or somthing. doesn't NI know how many thousands of people of using these programs together?

Something like ReWire would be cool, but that would require changing a lot of the code in both programs. And NI has said repeatedly that Maschine will never work as a ReWire slave…so they'd have to also do the R&D for something to replace it. Or build VST support into Traktor…which they've also said they weren't going to do.

MIDI clock is all you've got.

Also, I thought I remembered a way to turn the sensitivity of the knobs down…which would really help beat matching manually (I use vinyl control) because the tempo control is so damn touchy (even when holding shift) and it doesn't have pitch bend buttons……but I can't find it again.

Tech Wizard

So you're saying that its difficult to beat-match because maschine does have precise tempo controls?

so why use midi clock then?

is the midi clock very finicky like it is with traktor + ableton?

Traktor follows Ableton perfectly. Ableton just sucks at following. Maschine is fine at following a MIDI clock.

Beat matching it manually to turntables is weird because the manual tempo control is too sensitive for my taste. Still doable, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12